Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Re: 'out of touch', ignorant MP

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
What you must remember Julie darlin' is that all those who oppose food banks and begrudge paying more tax to support them are people who swallowed the 'Thatcher' (phth, phth, phth) philosophy "There is no such thing as society".
Well they'd be a huge part of the problems are country suffer from. We have to look after each other and paying tax is the way the rich can do it best.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Culled from Guido Fawkes article.

This is class war at its best.

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. And the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop. And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now - The people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist. So - The people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 01:47 PM

Sounds about right Judd, it's surely a fact that the beneficiaries absolutely hate the benefactors, as proven by the nature of this thread and many more like it on here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 01:59 PM

If wages were at a realistic level fewer would need free stuff. And unless we kill of old people and disabled you better hope free stuff keeps coming or you may be more affected than you think.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Culled from Guido Fawkes article.

This is class war at its best.

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. And the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop. And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now - The people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist. So - The people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.
Very good.
I've always reckoned that's why governments have switched to hiking up VAT rather than Income Tax .. that way, the people getting the free stuff pay something back into the economy, even though technically their contribution is free so costs them nothing.
Whereas those who pay for the free stuff and pay income tax also have to suffer VAT too. I think it's otherwise known as the Triple Lock.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-06-2017, 02:19 PM

If everyone earned enough we'd all be paying in. I've long said that's half the trouble people don't feel they are part of the system.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 02:48 PM

Many many years ago I was in need of using the benefit system, I was a striking postman.
I was paid money for my children and wife immediately......nothing for me.....no problem we managed.

Later on...........years later.....I was made redundant and looked for work without claiming, until as my resources dwindled I crawled to the job centre and asked for help.
They sent me to the Social Security Office just up the road.
There I was asked if I had a bank card with an overdraft facility, I had to use the overdraft as there was a waiting period.
I had worked solidly for many many years without claim, I had paid tax and National Insurance for this day, asking to speak to a supervisor got me the same reply.

As I left the office, steaming with anger and embarrassment I met a local bad lad who I knew, he had boasted to me some time before how he had never worked, he was laughing and his breathe was heavy with alcohol......he was going to pick up his money he told me.

Why oh why in the 5th richest economy in the world, where we can afford to bail out Banks.....(because they are too big to fail)....why can't we find some cash for people to eat NOW........is it some sort of Tory torture.......teaching us about our wrong life style choices ?

Temporary, referred by other agencies, stop gap measures etc. etc. Mr Realist maybe the excuse given................................everybody knows it's Tory ideology.....what ever they say.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:00 PM

And........another thing.

I am now a mature worker at a country wide international super market chain.......with a family at it's head that are the wealthiest in America.....yes Asda.

Most of the staff are on less than a full working week with a low wage that attracts weekly benefit top ups.... with families.

These jobs are the ones 'Created' by this government, these benefits added to the overall benefit bill is what this government want to cut.......and we all think they are balancing the books for our futures.

A Living wage might put a few quid on your grocery bill, but would save you paying these people out of your taxes......maybe leaving a bit for the NHS?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:04 PM

I don't want to sound simple here but aren't their wages dictated more by the supermarkets profit margins? (The same as with any other business or industry).
With the best will in the world a shopper paying more at the checkout isn't going to improve their pay packet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-06-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't want to sound simple here but aren't their wages dictated more by the supermarkets profit margins? (The same as with any other business or industry).
With the best will in the world a shopper paying more at the checkout isn't going to improve their pay packet.
They make huge profits morti while you and others pay taxes to top up their workers wages. You are in effect propping up companies some making millions and they go to the banks laughing at you.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top