Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Re: I'm at a funny age.

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ah...yes....apparently it's called 'maturity'-a subject I know little of according to my peers. To ME,I'm a sedate,usually polite,uninteresting,slightly creaky gentleman.
To the youngsters I work with,I apparently 'Don't act my age'.
Hmm-when this very subject was brought up while we were all waiting to load at Portbury Docks,I happened to mention I have tee-shirts older than some of our drivers...which brought forth much hilarity. The guitar in my cab,ditto. The fact I ride a Yamaha,they find inordinately funny.
BUT-I have all my own teeth [well,ok,one's gold-but it's MY gold!] and haven't dribbled or wet myself for nearly an hour,now. But-the fact remains...I'm the oldest driver we have,by 25 years.
25 years - eek!
Oh,boy-pass the Sanatogen...
Made me laugh
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 06:57 PM

Ah...yes....apparently it's called 'maturity'-a subject I know little of according to my peers.
To ME,I'm a sedate,usually polite,uninteresting,slightly creaky gentleman.
To the youngsters I work with,I apparently 'Don't act my age'.
Hmm-when this very subject was brought up while we were all waiting to load at Portbury Docks,I happened to mention I have tee-shirts older than some of our drivers...which brought forth much hilarity. The guitar in my cab,ditto. The fact I ride a Yamaha,they find inordinately funny.
BUT-I have all my own teeth [well,ok,one's gold-but I own it] and haven't dribbled or wet myself for nearly an hour,now. But-the fact remains...I'm the oldest driver we have,by 25 years.
25 years - eek!
Oh,boy-pass the Sanatogen...
Pug you sound so young at heart! Good fun . Gawd, I haven't heard of Sanatogen for years. My mum swore by it. Is it still around?
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

03-12-2014, 07:12 PM

"I haven't dribbled or wet myself for over an hour, now", lol. Lovely that you have a sense humour about it all. That reminds me....one day, my boyfriend complained that the cat missed his litter box and peed in the corner. I said to him, "Well dear, when I start to pee in the corner, then you can worry."
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
"I haven't dribbled or wet myself for over an hour, now", lol. Lovely that you have a sense humour about it all. That reminds me....one day, my boyfriend complained that the cat missed his litter box and peed in the corner. I said to him, "Well dear, when I start to pee in the corner, then you can worry."
Exactly DM. He can worry not until that happens
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 08:22 PM

Ah,you SAY that,alice-but it's when you can't make it to the corner in time,that the fun really starts. So far I've managed to blame both dogs,one cat,Dave-the-Dove [he lives in the back room. Don't know how I got away with that one] and a passing tramp that I dragged in just to take the blame.

What hurts,though is that the grotty little muppets at work all take the pi...er...giggle uproariously at me arriving in the yard on a Yamaha.
Cue 'sotto voce' remarks akin to "We're all trying to get our leg over-poor old Pug can't get his DOWN" But don't worry-I'll get 'em at playtime....I have a cunning plan....
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

03-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Pug, you are just too funny! (big grin)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

04-12-2014, 04:51 AM

Ah,you SAY that,alice-but it's when you can't make it to the corner in time,that the fun really starts. So far I've managed to blame both dogs,one cat,Dave-the-Dove [he lives in the back room. Don't know how I got away with that one] and a passing tramp that I dragged in just to take the blame.

What hurts,though is that the grotty little muppets at work all take the pi...er...giggle uproariously at me arriving in the yard on a Yamaha.
Cue 'sotto voce' remarks akin to "We're all trying to get our leg over-poor old Pug can't get his DOWN" But don't worry-I'll get 'em at playtime....I have a cunning plan....

I love your sense of humour Pug .
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 05:33 AM

Oh-thankyou! I'm famed for being grumpy,so that cheered me up a tad. I can NOT sleep-usually by now I've covered the first 80 miles or so...this HAVING to take days off 'because you're owed them' is annoying. I've shaved the pooches,ironed both cats,had an argument with Dave-the-Dove and polished one of the horses...now I'm bored. I've also had a right b~llocking from Yes Dear because I told her she pencils her eyebrows in far too high-she looked really surprised...

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top