Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Dee
Hamilton, Canada
Dee is female  Dee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 03:46 AM

What Was The Very First Record You Ever Bought?

What Is The First Record You Were Bought Or Given?

Can You Remember…

For me,it was back in early 60′s, i was very much a new Beatles’ fan. I remember their first hit record, actually both sides of the 45 were hits. My father took me down to the record store, and knowing how much i loved this group, and i was only about 14 yrs of age, well anyway dad bought the record “She Loves You” flip side being ” I Wanna Hold Your Hand” for me. I must have played that record at least thousand times! Never forgot that time, but now to this day, i’m not really sure which of my siblings has that record. But, at least i have my memories of this time on my life, and even now, being a zoomer, i still get a thrill when i hear these songs on the oldies station.
And, i often think of this time in my life when dad bought me my first record.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 05:16 AM

Re: What Was The Very First Record You Ever Bought?

Hi Dee, I'm not certain but it might have been Bill Hayley's "Rock around the Clock". I remember playing it at full blast with all the windows open. It's a wonder the neighbours didn't complain !
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 08:38 AM

All I can remember about it is it was on a cylinder!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 09:00 AM

I am ashamed to say the very first record I ever bought was Cliff Richard's "A Girl Like You". It wasn't even my favourite record of his but I had the money and I was determined to buy a record and that is what I ended up with.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Love me Do....by the Beatles. But I did have 3 big sisters so I used to play their records all the time before that.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 09:34 AM

I was mad on Elvis Presley and I think the first record I bought was One Night With You. Gave me goosebumps because it seemed such a deliciouslly sexy song and it made my dad cross every time I played it. "I ain't never did no wrong" - thats a double negative and there's no such word as ain't, he moaned. He was a stickler for the detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-hAM8tdr0
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 10:08 AM

The first records I actually bought (as opposed to recorded from Top of the Pops) was Creedence Clearwater Revival's Up And Around The Bend and I also bought, at the same time, Young, Gifted and Black by Bob & Marcia - good old Woolies
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 10:21 AM

Rena - I still play 'One night with you' fab.....
Elvis - superb voice
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 10:22 AM

Cant remember my first record - but, it would have been Dusty or Tamla Motown...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Love that Elvis one too and all his music. Strangely enough I never bought any of his records. Maybe because I didn't appreciate them then as I do now. Made up for it since.

I cannot remember the first one I actually bought but I was given a pile of records and LP's when I bought my first record player second hand. Amongst them was a Bobby Vee LP which included The Night has s Thousand Eyes. Loved it.

I was always buying records after that. Creedance Clearwater was one of mine too.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top