Join for free
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2013, 11:11 AM

Mary Robinson

Former president of Ireland, former UK High Commissioner, and many other roles. I went to an interview with her last night as part of the West Cork Literary festival (she has written a memoir recently), and am as impressed as I was many years ago when she became the first female Irish president.
What an intelligent, gutsy, passionate yet gentle woman.
Respect.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2013, 12:53 PM

Re: Mary Robinson

Thats good Ania - good to hear
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2013, 12:58 PM

Yes Ania, she's a very likeable woman as well as having the brains, she served the Country well. I remember when she first became president, a publican asked me to make something in silver as he wanted to make a present to "His neighbour" as he proudly put it, she would be residing in the Phoenix Park and his well known pub is at the parks wall. I suggested a silver bookmark featuring celtic scrolls and a harp as centerpiece, it turned out well and has the year she became president hallmarked on it.
PS. I didn't have to put my hand in my pocket for months afterwards in that pub, happy days and thanks Mary.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2013, 01:01 PM

Great Jem
You've made yer mark in history ....... YAY .....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Bet it has had good use, Jem. She said there is always a pile of books on her bedside table!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2013, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Former president of Ireland, former UK High Commissioner, and many other roles. I went to an interview with her last night as part of the West Cork Literary festival (she has written a memoir recently), and am as impressed as I was many years ago when she became the first female Irish president.
What an intelligent, gutsy, passionate yet gentle woman.
Respect.
A fine description of an outstanding person.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2013, 03:36 PM

I only ever saw her when Ireland were playing Rugby inthe sixnations and I miss her, she was great and loved a chat. If you have a photo of her from the paper can you put it up for me, she lines up for me like mrs Pankhirst, great women.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2013, 03:56 PM

There you go Annie.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 07:29 AM

You are a wonderful Man jem,a thousand thankyou's for Mary Robinson. Was she one of the two women who fought to bring peace to Ireland. It has slipped my memory. God Bless you Jimmy.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

19-07-2013, 07:32 AM

As an Octogenarian I am declaring this day as What would the world do with out women day.I am glad I am one.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top