Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 07:06 AM

Jamaica Inn

Thank heavens that it wasn't just me. The BBC has received complaints about the actors mumbling in the latest version of Jamaica Inn.

I was annoyed by the mumbling in the dark, then Bodmin Moor without a spec of rain; when they got to the beach scene with the tide out on a sunny day - I gave up.

In my opinion, the worst version ever made of this wonderful novel.

Apparently the BBC is going to try to improve the soundtrack for the remaining parts but for me it is too late.

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 07:38 AM

Re: Jamaica Inn

We turned up the sound level from the usual 25 to 38 and still couldn't hear them.........then we both fell asleep.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 08:59 AM

I recorded it to watch later and was really looking forward to it.
I have just heard a discussion about it on radio 4 and apparently a problem occurred during transmission.

I don't think I will bother watching it and hope it is transmitted at a later date with the sound sorted out.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 09:58 AM

Glad I missed it, then. I would have watched if I hadn't been so tired.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Glad I missed it, then. I would have watched if I hadn't been so tired.

I am watching it, though after the first episode I wasn't sure if I would watch the rest, and this was because of the awful sound again. I find the wicked Uncle the worst, can't hardly hear him at all.
I actually went to Jamaica Inn many years ago when I was married. I still felt it was a creepy old place but there was a lovely Macaw sitting on a perch in the bar. Mind you, even he just stared at us and didn't make a sound!
By the way, I reckon the "other man" who is supposed to be telling the Uncle what to do, is the Vicar himself.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 04:01 PM

I also couldnt understand the mumbling,im not so sure its a sound problem ,more the actors trying to hard to get into character.
I also thought it odd that on Christmas Eve walking through Bodmin Moor there was no snow ,and they were dressed for a summer stroll
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Aah, us lot are obviously too clever for 'em. Perhaps we should have been TV critics and get paid for noticing these things. .
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 07:27 PM

Beat the mumblers and put the subtitles.on worked for me
I must confess it isn't as exciting as I thought it would be.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 09:45 PM

I'll stick to watching the Jane Seymour version on DVD !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 07:59 AM

I am pleased that people complained as its not a big thing the British like
to do. I am also pleased that it wasn't me going deaf which is what I thought having to turn programmes up.
It happened sometimes on the programme Shetland which also faded in and out and I thought I was going to have to go to the Doctors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top