Join for free
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 07:17 PM

Shed Pullers Competitions

Here in North Norfolk there is an annual event run by shed pullers from all over the country and beyond. This event last from about Easter to mid to late September.
No one knows the full scope of their various competitive events but some of the more common ones are as follows:-

1) One of the most popular individual competitions is to find out the puller who can pull the biggest shed with the smallest car. Essentially this is an event which requires flat terrain hence its popularity in North Norfolk.
2) Running (1) a close second is the most unstable shed competition. You have to follow one of the more serious competitors to see for yourself the amount of diving and weaving a top puller can achieve.
3) A team competition this one how many sheds can arrive at one destination using only one map. This competition is not to be confused with-
4) This involves manoeuvring a number of shed pullers into formation with the sole intention of finding which team can cause the longest tailback. Truly monumental tailbacks can be achieved particularly if a team can find a stubborn tractor driver to aid their cause.

Roll on October.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Re: Shed Pullers Competitions

So reading between the lines caravanners aren't your favourite people then.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 09:35 PM

I've never heard of that before VM, it sounds fun
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Here in North Norfolk there is an annual event run by shed pullers from all over the country and beyond. This event last from about Easter to mid to late September.
No one knows the full scope of their various competitive events but some of the more common ones are as follows:-

Roll on October.
I feel your pain. When you live in a country with underpowered cars anyway adding a caravan to the back of it on already overcrowded roads verges on criminal. I got stuck behind a tiny car towing a massive caravan in Devon.

In NSW (and I suspect the other states) we have laws about what you can tow, every vehicle has a maximum towing capacity and the towed vehicle has to be registered. I doubt anybody would tow even a small caravan with anything less than a 3 litre engine plus it is generally easier to overtake once away from the towns and cities.

Cars towing caravans must also keep 300metres away another similar vehicle to allow over taking.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top