Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 11:22 PM

Something To Think About

Don't want the hassle....sorry if it offended anyone.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 05:11 AM

Re: Something To Think About

This is a well-penned letter and has certainly made me alter my view.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 06:40 AM

Same old, same old. Heard it all before since the 60s - only the nationality or religion has changed.

In the 60s it was the Greek and Italian immigrants that refused to integrate and were an alien culture to our British heritage, The came the Eastern Europeans and their foreign ways - living separate lives in 'ghettos', These were followed by theSri Lankans, Vietnamese and then the Chinese with their godless religions and alien food. They all 'refused to integrate' and feeble minded people even claimed Marrickville and then Cabramatta were no go zones for good aussie folk.

it was all twaddle, the older immigrants had trouble with the language (wouldn't you if you emigrated to a foreign land) the children went to school with strange, exotic food in their lunch boxes but they soon learned English and they shared their food with other kids, Now the grandchildren children, act and sound like every other Aussie and their culture has integrated and enriched ours. They have all benefited this country as much as it benefited them with a new better life.

The same thing will happen with the Lebanese, Afghanis and the Iraqis and every other immigrant group, integration just takes a little time that is all. It is a two way street. There have been hiccups along the way but these were generally caused by unemployment and poverty and all were solved with goodwill, time and patience.

This letter is just another ill thought out, sophist tome designed to stir up trouble and ferment unrest for no sound reason other that the fact that it can, sadly people fall for it every time.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 06:59 AM

Bruce, haven't you been reading about what the IS are doing in Iraq ? These people are evil by all normal standards and we should fear them and fight them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Bruce, haven't you been reading about what the IS are doing in Iraq ? These people are evil by all normal standards and we should fear them and fight them.
Yes IS is a barbaric mob what has that to do with immigrants or religion? Surely the whole point of IS is that they want to control Syria and Iraq by any brutal means.

To tar every Lebanese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Egyptian, Sudanese, Nigerian or Afghani with the same brush just because they share the same religion is totally absurd.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

24-08-2014, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes IS is a barbaric mob what has that to do with immigrants or religion? Surely the whole point of IS is that they want to control Syria and Iraq by any brutal means.

To tar every Lebanese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Egyptian, Sudanese, Nigerian or Afghani with the same brush just because they share the same religion is totally absurd.
Bruce, as I understand it the thread wasn't about immigrants but about the threat of the Islamic extremists which I believe is real and dangerous to world peace.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Bruce, as I understand it the thread wasn't about immigrants but about the threat of the Islamic extremists which I believe is real and dangerous to world peace.
I agree with you Alan ..As far as I can see Islam is at war with ever religion in the world ..with there stoning's, beheadings , crucifying .just wish people would wake up and realise what is happening ..
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 10:07 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtct-z9JS8

seems its happening here ..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtct-z9JS8

seems its happening here ..
That video was 5 years ago
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 11:37 AM

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come.’
Yes they were too busy to care, busy with their hate campaign against the jews something some people would clearly like to repeat with the muslims.

Violence breeds violence , nothing is solved by whipping up hatred between people.

I am aware of the threat posed by extremist but it won't be solved by adding more fuel to the fire and pointing accusing fingers at every muslim.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top