Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 01:09 PM

I See The Goose Is Getting Fat Already.

I hate using the C word so early but is Christmas appearing in your shops yet? My local garden centre is selling off last years loo brush type trees at half of last years prices. Could be a bargain cos they aren't charging anything for the dust on them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Re: I See The Goose Is Getting Fat Already.

Plenty of Christmas cards in the shops here .... also the toys shelves are well stocked.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 04:13 PM

Since my life has changed, I can't be bothered with Christmas. I could see it far enough. Bah humbug, but I just can't help it. I'll do all the festive things, like buying presents and making dinner, but no Christmas cards will be sent again. I find them a waste of money and would rather donate to charity. I'm no Scrooge, but I seriously don't enjoy it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I hate using the C word so early but is Christmas appearing in your shops yet? My local garden centre is selling off last years loo brush type trees at half of last years prices. Could be a bargain cos they aren't charging anything for the dust on them.
One of the fancier high brow shops started here last week EZ, it makes the run up all the more torturous, by the time the actual day arrives there's nothing left in the tank for me, I can barely mutter Happy Christmas to the wife, is it any wonder there are so many grumpy old men about at festive time, actually they are not grumpy...just exhausted.
What's a loo brush tree EZ?, do you put it in the Jacks in case you run out of loo roll? don't think I'd fancy getting loo brushed.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:33 PM

Forget the Goose...........I've got to find a fatted calf by next weekend!
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:58 PM

Will you be back home in time for Christmas Alice76? Even more reason for you to dumb down Christmas.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 10:46 AM

It's time to be thinking about Christmas if you have any special plans for it.

I've already got my pantomime tickets and am currently looking at menus to book for a family meal on Christmas Eve. There will be 18 of us and I know from last year the importance of booking early.
Other than that I won't start any other Christmas preparations - present buying etc until December.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 10:48 AM

Not yet but you know it is getting close to Christmas when Easter Eggs start to appear in the shops
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 02:47 PM

I feel awkward about Christmas cards. Why do I send them to folks I have not seen for years and probably will never see again. It`s just a process I go through without any feelings apart from the chore. I prefer to contact my friends when I/they wish
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 02:58 PM

It's interesting isn't it how important, or not as the case may be, these things are to different people. Christmas cards is the time when I catch up with all the friends I have made over the years moving around the UK. Family and friends who are overseas. I love their reciprocal letters updating me on their family activities. Although I find it quite a chore , now that time is very limited , it's something I will keep doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top