Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 04:56 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

Taken on our Nene cruise last year - we go again next Sunday.
Have a good day everyone.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 05:50 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Morning all, that looks to be a relaxing way to enjoy the scenery Alan.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 05:59 AM

For the last three years and again this year I have rented the canal boat for the day at a cost of £140. It takes eight people and has a kitchen and a toilet on board. We have a really nice day taking our own food and drink and have the boat for about 8 hours so we travel a fair way. I would certainly reccommend it as a treat.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 06:25 AM

Good morning everyone, White Rabbits.

Quite overcast here but the forecast is for warm and dry so no complaints.

Just the normal mop and shop for us this morning and I'm making a vegetable tart for lunch.

That's a great pastime Alan, our neighbours have a time share in a narrow boat moored around your way somewhere, and get to use it around six times a year which they thoroughly enjoy.

Enjoy your day folks.

Barry
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 06:52 AM

morning guys......
fancy having a go in a long boat........
throwing it down here........
off to work in a few minutes......
got nominated for an ice bucket challenge.....
have a fab day everyone.......

H
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 07:57 AM

Good Morning everyone,

Lovely picture Alan and a lovely pastime. I used to love boating mainly on the Norfolk Broads or our local Blackwater. We had a 19ft cruiser with 40 hp outboard motor on it. It too had toilet facilities and a kitchen as well as 4 berths. Much fun was had on that.

It looks like it is going to be a lovely day here fingers crossed so must get Amber out for her walk. Have a good day all, God bless.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 08:32 AM

Good morning everyone.
That long boat picture brings back happy memories Alan. My brother in law had one and often used to take us out on trips with them.

I'm going to Mansfield town this morning to pick up some theatre tickets for the Christmas pantomime that I ordered online. I might have a browse round the shops while I'm there.
Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 08:41 AM

Good morning everyone an overcast start to September here but hopefully it will brighten up later.

Alan, what a lovely way to spend a day, I hope the weather will be good for you next Sunday.

Enjoy your day folks...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 09:07 AM

Good morning fellow members a bit misty here and I am off out to the shops to get a few bits and pieces before Hannah comes tomorrow.

The twins start school full time tomorrow which makes me a bit sad , I can't believe they have grown so fast ...

Enjoy your day everyone
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 09:49 AM

Morning everyone, well August has gone..wonder if we do get
the hot Month as promised..lol..
Great pic, never been on a long boat, tho I pass them a few times a week
when I go for a walk into Town..
Not much planned, had a lie in as had a busy weekend..

Enjoy ur day all

Shazy..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top