Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 07:00 AM

Malverns

Anyone scaled the Malvern Hills of late?. This weekend I am going to a show near Ledbury, on the way home I intend to park in the Malvern Hills, and enjoy the view last observed 40 years ago, it would seem British Camp is a good car parking point for scaling the Herefordshire Beacon, is this a good vantage point, and does this give good access to the other peaks?.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 08:40 AM

Re: Malverns

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Anyone scaled the Malvern Hills of late?. This weekend I am going to a show near Ledbury, on the way home I intend to park in the Malvern Hills, and enjoy the view last observed 40 years ago, it would seem British Camp is a good car parking point for scaling the Herefordshire Beacon, is this a good vantage point, and does this give good access to the other peaks?.
Hi Paul yes there is a car park at British Camp from where you can access the Herefordshire Beacon which is indeed a good vantage point . It also gives access to the peaks in both directions .
Make sure you don't get blown off the top with a name like yours

When you stand on the Beacon give me a wave I will be in the valley below .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 08:48 AM

I was up to the Worcester Beacon earlier in the year - easy climb/walk amazing views!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 09:30 AM

We were there on holiday a couple of years ago, a lovely part of the world indeed and I did also wave to Meg from the top, not sure she waved back though....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
We were there on holiday a couple of years ago, a lovely part of the world indeed and I did also wave to Meg from the top, not sure she waved back though....
Oh I did Barry I will hoist the flag on top on my baronial home next time
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 11:08 AM

My kids loved their Malvern Stars

Malverns are still about.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2014, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Paul yes there is a car park at British Camp from where you can access the Herefordshire Beacon which is indeed a good vantage point . It also gives access to the peaks in both directions .
Make sure you don't get blown off the top with a name like yours

When you stand on the Beacon give me a wave I will be in the valley below .
will you be wearing a Buttonhole., don't worry, last time I stood atop, I was on an educational visit, and if I remember right, the worst I can be subjected to is a "Warm, Wet, Westerly".
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-09-2014, 10:56 PM

will you be wearing a Buttonhole., don't worry, last time I stood atop, I was on an educational visit, and if I remember right, the worst I can be subjected to is a "Warm, Wet, Westerly".
...yes a white one I am sure you will be able to see it from a mile away
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

07-09-2014, 07:23 AM

Get ready to wave Today.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

07-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Get ready to wave Today.
I bet it is lovely up there this morning Paul with the sun shining. I might get as far as the common myself later with dogs and children when I have fed the family

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top