Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Sunday Night at the Palladium

Just heard there is to be a revival of the show
This was one of my favourites - I doubt it will be as good but if we see 'variety acts' that will be great !
It starts Sunday week ........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Re: Sunday Night at the Palladium

I used to enjoy Sunday Night at the Palladium too, Patsy .... it's about time they brought back the variety acts, I get fed up of all the singing and dance groups all the time .... let's have something different
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:46 PM

It was a big show when we were kids, always remember the Tiller girls and the revolving stage at the end, I seem to remember there were several comperes over the years, did Brucie do it for a bit, and also that other bloke Norman Vaughan...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:55 PM

I remember that. It was associated with being `at home` of a Sunday. The stink of `players fags` the dreadful stench of feet and it` pontificating whilst talking total bollux. Did I ever mention I didn`t think much of my father?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It was a big show when we were kids, always remember the Tiller girls and the revolving stage at the end, I seem to remember there were several comperes over the years, did Brucie do it for a bit, and also that other bloke Norman Vaughan...
Correct on both the compares
Your post made me all nostalgic - I hope its at least half as good ..........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-09-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I remember that. It was associated with being `at home` of a Sunday. The stink of `players fags` the dreadful stench of feet and it` pontificating whilst talking total bollux. Did I ever mention I didn`t think much of my father?
So sorry to hear that Stephan, this is one show that holds good memories for me .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-09-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I used to enjoy Sunday Night at the Palladium too, Patsy .... it's about time they brought back the variety acts, I get fed up of all the singing and dance groups all the time .... let's have something different
So right Mags - variety acts are the art of showbusiness, have seen some great acts and miss them, if they don't deliver with 'this show' I'm gonna tell them off !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 01:10 PM

One of my earlier memories was going to my Grandparent`s house and watching `What`s my line?`
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-09-2014, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
One of my earlier memories was going to my Grandparent`s house and watching `What`s my line?`
I liked that too - my earliest memories of TV were at my Nans, I lived with her for a while - I liked Sundays for Robin Hood and 'Liberace' - you know he always winked at me at the end of his show
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 02:51 PM

Sunday night....Steptoe and Son.. Sunday night at the London Palladium,
Mystery and Imagination and then straight to bed and have nightmares.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top