Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:17 PM

Deja vu...

I just need to scream very loudly as I have my brother staying again for a few days. Some of you will remember my struggle with his last visit two and a half years ago.
How can you get to 62 without knowing when your armpits stink and you need a shower? And then decide not to bother until after you go for a walk TOMORROW?!
How can you get to 62 without ANY practical know-how?
How can you get to 62 and still be unable to have a balanced conversation with someone who gently challenges your views?

At least he hasn't drunk all my whiskey this time - I haven't offered him any!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:46 PM

Re: Deja vu...

Maybe he's got to that age, and lived to tell the tale, because people like you keep baleing him out. We should learn from our mistakes, but he won't if you don't let him make any.
Mind you, that's pretty grotty to be stinky and not care - pooh. I bet that's what I could smell in the air here this afternoon.

p.s. how much longer have you got him for?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:53 PM

you have to be cruel to be kind, don't invite him!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 12:30 AM

The few days will soon pass Ania - don't let him get you down.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 07:06 AM

I used to know this man,he stank of BO and his feet were once checked as a potential chemical weapon-it was rejected under laws relating to cruel and inhumane. He was a coward,a bully and a down right barstard,.

We can choose our friends but not our family.

Did I ever mention I didn`t like my father that much?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Maybe he's got to that age, and lived to tell the tale, because people like you keep baleing him out. We should learn from our mistakes, but he won't if you don't let him make any.
Mind you, that's pretty grotty to be stinky and not care - pooh. I bet that's what I could smell in the air here this afternoon.

p.s. how much longer have you got him for?
Til Wednesday or Thursday.
You're right, he has always somehow managed to be baled out. I can't believe how stressed he makes me feel.

Originally Posted by Honey ->
you have to be cruel to be kind, don't invite him!
I never do. He invites himself! I refuse to have my sister here as she's an evil mare who can't be trusted, but I feel sorry for him somehow and at least he is honest.

Originally Posted by carol ->
The few days will soon pass Ania - don't let him get you down.
I keep telling myself that!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 08:22 AM

I would tell him in a polite way something like 'Do you mind having a shower before we eat '

Then lock the whisky away and smile sweetly counting the hours until he goes
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Yes, something like 'the towels there ready for you - before we eat, please' and point him in the direction of the bathroom. I hate BO, no excuse for it!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 02:00 PM

Yes I remember you telling of the chaps last visit Ania, he was some sort of magician wasn't he, made the whiskey disappear, ah don't be unkind, he's your own flesh and blood after all and you won't feel the days flying by, enjoy yourselves!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

15-09-2014, 05:02 PM

Jem, you wicked man, you!

I felt better after having coffee with two lovely old friends this morning and then...

It gets worse. I found out today that when he was in the pub with an old local friend he decided to discuss my medical history...Whatever possessed him? Now half the town will know sooner or later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top