Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 12:48 AM

Do You dress your age?

Just watched The Beatles, A Grammy Salute on tv with Paul and Ringo, both in their 70's yet they still dress much younger.
Is there a time when you should act and dress your age?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 02:38 AM

Re: Do You dress your age?

Well I'm certainly not dowdy. I do hate the mutton dressed as lamb look.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 05:23 AM

When we were in Derbyshire in a pub a couple, well into their 60s, came in dressed in hippy gear. To my mind they looked ridiculous. As Alice says, you can look well-dressed without dressing like a teenager.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 06:39 AM

Cant imagine how they were dressed Honey
I dress exactly the same as I always have except the length on skirts and dresses is to the knee, I detest pencil skirts so don't wear them nor do I wear plunging necklines.
See no reason to change my style because my number has changed - I haven't - I'm still 30 and refuse to budge
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:15 AM

I don't dress for my age, I wear clothes that I like and that appear to suit me. I am more liberated now than I was in my youth. Not sure what a 60 year old woman is supposed to act and dress like, and who decides anyway?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:15 AM

One thing I see a lot of in my town is women of 70+ wearing those ugly flowery voluminous skirts sold by Bon Marche. They're so unflattering and ageing. Ladies - don't do it! Other than that, there doesn't seem to be a "proper" age dress code any more but some items are definitely to be avoided I think - skinny jeans even if you're slim, tight t-shirts, too-short skirts, anything that shows off excessive crepey skin.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:27 AM

I often buy my clothes from 'younger' shops but only the more conservative of the styles. I know the mutton dresses as lamb look & avoid it at all costs. This includes not just short skirts and low necklines but crop tops & skinny jeans - also hair done in teen styles - pony tail, hair-slides etc..
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:34 AM

It's not age, it's what fits you and suits you. Nothing worse than overweight people trying to squeeze into clothes that are a couple of sizes too small.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
I don't dress for my age, I wear clothes that I like and that appear to suit me. I am more liberated now than I was in my youth. Not sure what a 60 year old woman is supposed to act and dress like, and who decides anyway?
I'm all in favour of people wearing what they want to wear AND for onlookers having an opinion about the suitability of those clothes for the person wearing them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:38 AM

Yes I guess I dress my age but I dress to suit myself no one else .

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top