Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

26-09-2014, 06:41 PM

Home Exercises

Can anyone recommend any simple exercises for over 60s that can be carried out in the home?

I've started walking more again recently but spend quite a lot of time at home and other than housework I'd like to try some exercises that aren't too difficult
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 06:54 PM

Re: Home Exercises

Yoga-no question, one does not need to be able to do a Sun Salution with flowing bones(some of us get a wee bit older),but simple stretches and relaxation.
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

26-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Yes, that's probably a good idea, might help with the high stress levels I have too. I'd like to try Mindfulness but my mind is all over the place at the moment and I'm not sure I could concentrate on it.

Actually, I've recently changed my diet to what I believe is a much healthier one and I'm losing weight so perhaps yoga would help with the toning/firming up
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

26-09-2014, 08:27 PM

Just remembered I used to be able to do the Plough many moons ago
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:22 AM

I always feel doing housework qualities as 'simple exercises'
By the time I have stretched up to dust and down to the skirting boards then done some polishing or cleaned the windows I feel I have had a good workout and have something to show for it too.

Add to this daily walks where I try to walk briskly and breath in deeply through my nose and out through my mouth and I have done some simple exercise without feeling I have done something repetitive or arduous
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Clementy ->
Can anyone recommend any simple exercises for over 60s that can be carried out in the home?

I've started walking more again recently but spend quite a lot of time at home and other than housework I'd like to try some exercises that aren't too difficult
Walking is good Clementy - and if you can dance throw in some moves
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Try an exercise bike, all weather fitness that is not too strenuous. Put it somewhere convenient so that you can just sit on it when you feel the need. Play music at the same time for relaxation, or listen to the radio or even watch TV.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:45 AM

Now that's a good idea Maggie
You could go for the pedals version, where you can sit in your usual chair and peddle away .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Simple weights, a can of beans in each hand and lifts and raises is good for toning I believe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Try an exercise bike, all weather fitness that is not too strenuous. Put it somewhere convenient so that you can just sit on it when you feel the need. Play music at the same time for relaxation, or listen to the radio or even watch TV.
I know a number of people who bought exercise bikes with the best of intentions and they sit idle gathering dust.
Apparently it takes a lot of will power to actually use the things regularly even if doing so is combined with some other activity

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top