Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 05:05 PM

Testophobia

Who knows what this means ......yup a fear of exams....
I have always been very nervous about exams since my schooldays ( and i know why) ...But I HATE them ....
My company put me through a course this week ...1 part was practical ..the other part was theory C&G qualification ....i received the training pack last week ...it should have been with me 3 weeks ago ..but the company E mail system spammed it and no one new it ..so I spent the last week trying to do something I did not have the technical background in , but i was willing to learn , but 1 week was not enough time ....I crammed from books but didnt understand them ...so when the course came i crammed and asked questions I took a mock exam and failed it but only by a few points..Today was the day ..felt good ..class revision went well asked about the failed questions saw my mistakes then done the practical exam part ..yup passed that easy dropped a couple of minors but nothing much ....then we took another Mock i went sweaty and shaky i struggled done 25 out of the 50 got brain lock so I stopped and checked my answers 68% the pass mark is 80% ....so had lunch relaxed read some more and went for the real exam ... I looked at the first page ..it meant nothing the words I didn't understand anything total brain lock ..I was shaking and sweating ..I just had to get out so I logged out and left the room ...the instructor couldn't let me start again as i had logged out of the test ..he knew and I knew that i knew everything i needed to know and understand , but it is a official exam and so I failed ... So frustrating ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 05:11 PM

Re: Testophobia

That's the problem as you get older we have these mental block times, cant focus - at least that's how it is for me, I hate those times
I feel for you Steve - what a nuisance to say the least !
When I was younger, I loved tests, exams - I wouldn't now ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 05:37 PM

Re: Testophobia

Good luck Steve thankfully I will never have to take a test again unless the powers that be decide to put me through another driving test which I would be sure to fail .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top