Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:12 PM

Ghost Tours

The Ghost Tours are starting up again, I've seen several Castles and Graveyards advertising (a few in Edinburgh alone) for Halloween.
Has anyone been on one of these tours?
What happened?
Would you go on another?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:25 PM

Re: Ghost Tours

I wouldn't even go on the Ghost Train let alone get spooked out in a graveyard or castle
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:39 PM

Hi Roxy,

Have never been on any of these tours, but I do try and go Ghost Hunting at old Castles, Graveyards etc. Susie x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:47 PM

I'm too much of a wimp to do anything like this and yes, ghost trains frit the life outa me!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:54 PM

Yes i went on one last year in Edinburgh with my daughter ,nearly didnt make it ,,almost needed resuss,
We saw the time to be at the start was 7. 30pm ,,so we got there early as they only took 20 people at a time .We sat outside a bar with a drink watching for the Story teller to arrive ,when he did we paid our money and waited while the group grew ,till we had the quota of people.

The guide was Ewan Mcgregor double and had a great sense of humour .
He told us we had to keep up he was not going to wait for any of us ,He set of at a pace which was a quick one and took us to the old part of Edinburgh down in a tunnel which in victorian times was lived in.
Told us the history turned the candles out and we waited in the dark to be duly frightened .
Nothing happened and we left there ,following him through the streets it was when we started to climb up an enormous long steps rising from one street level to another ,that the group started to pass me and i lent against the wall gasping for breath ,,,,,True to his word the guide didnt stop !!
I told my daughter to carry on without me ,but she staid and helped me up the remainder of the steps .
In the distance we could see them waiting to cross the road ,still gasping we almost caught up ,then they went in a grave yard ..The famous Greyfriars ,and we caught up as he was telling a grim story ,but i collasped on the wall breathing loudly and deeply ..
I think they thought i was part of the act. Because they all turned round to watch me instead .

Then the large iron gates were opened by our guide into the Crypts,, we followed him down to an empty one which was opened and was ushered inside,Men at the back he said and women who were short at the front .
I thought he was going to lock us in for the night .it was dark and i was two rows in with my daughter at my back .
The story telling started again and then he said he was finished and we were to find our own way back ,on his last word from somewhere out of sight a man jumped a step into the crypt wearing a scary mask that sent the first two rows falling over each other ,my knees went weak and i fell into my daughters arms
.it was .like a pack of dominos . No where to go only into each other...."........
Yes i would go again ,it was fun and interesting , just wish there wasnt the steps to climb.
Take a torch if you do go ..
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:57 PM

I went on one in Stratford at about 9 in the evening, it was ok, some interesting stories but the place which was reputedly haunted was not at all scary.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top