Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

25-10-2014, 01:33 PM

One foot in the grave!

This topic is not meant to be too gloomy and humour is encouraged. If you are anything like me, the older you get the faster and faster the days seem to fly by, and one can't help thinking that the final curtain is looming larger with each passing week. Does this thought make you scared, or do you face it with equanimity?

I am avoiding cliff tops as my kids are awaiting the day I get too senile so they can launch me off one!

Seriously though, I want to go into the last goodnight without too much suffering, and totally cease to be. I hope I haven't been in error in my belief that this life is all there is, and the afterlife is a figment of the human imagination.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 01:38 PM

Re: One foot in the grave!

I don't fear it, I like me sleep .........
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 01:57 PM

What I fear is not so much death but the way of my passing - I desperately don't want to lose my faculties - be in a home - cruelly treated by people supposing to care for me. I don't want to linger in pain & misery - even if I'm treated kindly.
Before I got to that stage I hope I will be able to book my passage to Switzerland.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 02:06 PM

What’s with all this gloom and doom and Christmas just around the corner? cheer up Comeandgo, when your numbers up that’s it, cross your bridges when you come to them as me granny used to say.
The only thing I would fear about dying is to die in long lasting agony, but I think they have drugs to help out there, can’t stand prolonged agony, although I’m not doing too bad as it is, 50 years of marriage is a very good test in agony endurance.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 02:14 PM

Aye You're right,the older I get the faster the days come around,is it really the weekend again so soon?
I've just paid for and organised My funeral last week,so I can die happy now knowing it's all sorted ;~)
I've lived longer than the rest of the Women in My Family who died before They were 63,so at almost 72 I'm delighted and surprised to still be healthy/alive/and kickin'...long may it continue,but I'm well prepared and unafraid of death,just too bad I'll miss the celebrations afterwards as I DO love a party :~)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
What’s with all this gloom and doom and Christmas just around the corner? cheer up Comeandgo, when your numbers up that’s it, cross your bridges when you come to them as me granny used to say.The only thing I would fear about dying is to die in long lasting agony, but I think they have drugs to help out there, can’t stand prolonged agony, although I’m not doing too bad as it is, 50 years of marriage is a very good test in agony endurance.
My sentiments exactly
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 02:30 PM

I have some pills. I have my will. I`ll wait until mum passes(she is 89 and getting frail). I am a potential suicide but it will all be done in the best possible taste.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 02:37 PM

I don't think about dying..There is still a lot to live for.
I may be getting older, but I'm not a coffin dodger yet.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 02:38 PM

My brain tells me that I'm getting nearer to the "exit" door but my heart ignores it and tells me just to get on with things as normal. I'm healthy and I enjoy life so why worry.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
My brain tells me that I'm getting nearer to the "exit" door but my heart ignores it and tells me just to get on with things as normal. I'm healthy and I enjoy life so why worry.
That is how I feel too !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top