Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Clowns I use to make.

I use to make these clowns. I sold loads at one of the offices I worked at, at Christmas time. I would make them in the colours of their choices. They aren't toys as such as the body is a thick piece of wood for sitting upright and the arms and legs have the old dolly pegs in them. You sit them on a dressing table or bedside cabinet or bed etc.
I really loved making these and now we have Hobbycraft where you can get the pegs and ball for the head, I may make a couple for two of my little relatives for Christmas as I still have the pattern.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 05:17 PM

Re: Clowns I use to make.

They're great Maursey - I used to have a few clowns
By what you describe you can use what you have to make other characters, other than clowns I mean - is that right ?
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Yes Patsy. Was trying to think of what else to do other than clowns as a lot of children seem to be frightened of them these days. Was wondering if there was a kiddies TV character I could make one of. Andy Pandy would have been ideal as the clothes were almost the same. Bring back Andy Pandy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
Yes Patsy. Was trying to think of what else to do other than clowns as a lot of children seem to be frightened of them these days. Was wondering if there was a kiddies TV character I could make one of. Andy Pandy would have been ideal as the clothes were almost the same. Bring back Andy Pandy.
I liked Andy and Ragdoll - theres always Worzel Gummidge, that would scare them too though
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
- theres always Worzel Gummidge, that would scare them too though
Not if he had his happy head on, Patsy !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Wonder if Bob the builder or telly tubbies might be possible or in the night garden is very popular these days lots of characters in that might be doable.

I am not sure why clowns are so scary to kids these days yours look fantastic !
maursey
hertfordshire

25-10-2014, 06:21 PM

Thank you Juliet.
Yes might think of doing something like that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not if he had his happy head on, Patsy !
very true - I liked his happy head
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 06:44 PM

Square Bob Sponge pants would be a good one as well - see - I may not have a TV set but I know all the intellectual programmes !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-10-2014, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Square Bob Sponge pants would be a good one as well - see - I may not have a TV set but I know all the intellectual programmes !!
- the name alone sets me off

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top