Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 04:55 PM

New garage outside lights

been out today for some garage wall lights with sensors. Now fitted as in photo ,just got to connect up inside garage tomorrow

And yes the are perpendicular, not on the p***
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 05:05 PM

Re: New garage outside lights

I think that wooden side panel could do with a lick of preserve on ,, its going green .Will that be your next Job ?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I think that wooden side panel could do with a lick of preserve on ,, its going green .Will that be your next Job ?
Cheeky, you know he is busy boy.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:04 PM

Yep Eliza just another on the to do list, but i did put up a new back gate next to it the other day. Easiest way is to pressure wash the green off -let dry and then repaint it. Also on the list is to do the same with brick drive and re cement the joints,
The lights are the first on a long list of "out door" work to be done now the house is finished. Aleady taken 20/30 bags of leaves and garden rubbish to the tip
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 09:56 PM

They look good; in keeping with the rest of the property.

Shouldn't the doors be the same colour: the left is red-brown and the right dark brown? Needs sorting.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

29-11-2014, 12:39 AM

MKJ

Little story about the doors

The previous owner had a camper van and as one is not allowed to have such vehicles,among others, on a drive he raised on side of the garage and extended it out the back to 48 ft long. When we viewed the property he was still making the doors and only a couple of day before we moved in did he finish them and slapped a first coat over them,and that is how we bought them.

Yes we do have to put another coat of paint/varnish on them but out priority was getting the house sorted first. I did post a list of most of what we did since July this year.

Now the house is bought up to our standards it is attention turning time to the outside, but I did replace an old wrought iron gate with a wooden one you can see beside the green fence.

As well as doing the house I did spend a bit of time in the garage sorting out one lighting circuit but the whole thing is a mess really. The previous owner used extn leads for everything instead of wiring properly.

To give you one example from a light switch it went into a pendant light used as a junction box, to a 300w outside floodlight, to a flourescent light fitting, none of which worked, and finally into a huge sodium floodlight which did work. I rewired direct to an LED floodlight, all inside the garage.

So as you can see the previous owner was a bodger of the first water inside the house and outside

So far new back gate- new approach lights to the garage (photo) and about 20 bags of rubbish to the dump twice ( trailer 8x4 ft) full of timber. Oh forgot to mention he was into woodworking and the benches were half tree trunks sliced front top to bottom. Yes I do mean whole trunks , it took me a day to dismantle them.
He used so many screws the Titanic would have been proud of the number, but help sink it.

So on the list of todo's
Connect up those lights and test and set
mix cement and colour to match brickwork to fill in old fixing screw holes on columns
Power jet wash that green fence
same with huge approach path
Sue (wife) sorting out plants which to go/shift/plant
get a wooden garden bench
Tidy up the garden, the earth is like rock, I had to use a pick last time

The drive to clean (ignore the car it was 4 years old LandRover Freelander 2010, did 32 MPG) so got rid of it great car though

but got this to do it with

It is a hot water one as well as built in chemical holder

No doubt OH will find other work as well for me to try and avoid

Did buy a new car

A Nissan Xtrail Tenka 2014 top of range and still running in but around houses 42mpg . supposed to be able to do about 55mpg on a run

Have to say when it is all done it will be a dream house completely refurbished except kitchen units .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 10:17 AM

I would have to raise the garage roof on the right hand side, I hate non symmetry, that's why I like Georgian architecture, or mock Georgian.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 10:28 AM

The wiring sounds very much like ours was when we took over the bungalow,in fact most of it sounds the same .the bathroom and kitchen we had new ones put in.and had the bungalow rewired.
Its very satisfying when its finished,.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

29-11-2014, 11:17 AM

Eliza

our newly renovated main bathroom

on the window ledge one part is now grouted in which shows as a removable section at the time of video

from this with cracked toilet bowl rim

Doesn't the second video look so old fashioned
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Does look a very attractive and roomy home.- nice car too .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top