Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 09:29 AM

love life

I didn't want to call it "sex life". Some may be disgusted.

Sex/love making. Does it diminish in latter years? Is companionship more important?

For me, its healthy to have a mixture of both. What's your honest opinion?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 09:43 AM

Re: love life

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
For me, its healthy to have a mixture of both. What's your honest opinion?
I agree.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 09:46 AM

Companionship is far more important, life is full of stress and sometimes long term illness. Put too much importance on sex and a marriage will not last. Closeness is the key, laughter is also important as well as communication. If you have all these things - you have a lasting bond.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Chance if a fine thing ... opportunity even better !
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 09:55 AM

I'm with you on that one for sure!
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 10:14 AM

I agree - A good mix of both.
In his last televised interview, Sir John Betjeman was asked if he had any regrets.. He thought for a moment and then replied "I wish I'd had more sex".

I don't think there's many who would be disgusted by the term "sex life", but I once heard someone say, "when you're young, you have sex. When you're old, you make love" .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I agree - A good mix of both.
In his last televised interview, Sir John Betjeman was asked if he had any regrets.. He thought for a moment and then replied "I wish I'd had more sex".

I don't think there's many who would be disgusted by the term "sex life", but I once heard someone say, "when you're young, you have sex. When you're old, you make love" .
Grumbleweed, mention the word sex to some and they get all uppity. You have to tread carefully, even here.

Yes, I think it's a mixture of both. Companionship with your lover.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 10:31 AM

Yes I also agree with a healthy mixture of both, with lots of laughter thrown in. As we get older we don't always have the pressures of jobs, kids etc to put a damper on our sex life, so we should be able to enjoy it just as much if not more than when we were young.

Don't see why the sex/love making should diminish in later years, depends on your libido I suppose.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

05-12-2014, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
Yes I also agree with a healthy mixture of both, with lots of laughter thrown in. As we get older we don't always have the pressures of jobs, kids etc to put a damper on our sex life, so we should be able to enjoy it just as much if not more than when we were young.

Don't see why the sex/love making should diminish in later years, depends on your libido I suppose.
Totally agree LT. Also agree with the lots of laughter. I couldn't imagine not having a laugh with my partner. We can be very juvenile at times, but it's great fun.

Young people can be sickened at the thought of us older folk having sex, but they forget, we did it all before them
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Companionship is far more important, life is full of stress and sometimes long term illness. Put too much importance on sex and a marriage will not last. Closeness is the key, laughter is also important as well as communication. If you have all these things - you have a lasting bond.
I agree with you, laughter and companionship and being close all make our marriage very successful and happy and have made a stable base for the kids we have parented.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top