Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Do you want to be told you're fat?

On breakfast tv this morning. Would you be able to tell someone they're fat?

Well, would you?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:25 AM

Re: Do you want to be told you're fat?

Why on earth would I be that unkind ? because oddly most fat people have mirrors and we are perfectly able to see ourselves.

Only couple of times people have done it to me and my reply has been to pat myself down saying damn, am I, I am sure I was thin when I left the house. Both people were IMO prize idiots but it never occurred me to accost them with that breaking news.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:43 AM

Depends on the people involved. My closest friend and I would be able to tell each other if we thought we were putting on too much weight - have done in the past - but it is not something I would broach with anyone else.

Truth should always be tempered with mercy and I tend not to comment on things that are not my business.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
On breakfast tv this morning. Would you be able to tell someone they're fat?

Well, would you?
Definitely not, but I've been reading some situations where that has happened and it's made the people concerned do something about it. The results were amazing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 10:24 AM

No, I don't think it is my place to tell someone they are fat.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:37 AM

I think I'd word it differently, but yes, why not?

ETA I would want to be told I was getting a bit chunky, if I was.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:46 AM

It would depend on the context and who it was. My dear friend has a `traditional` build for a black South African. I have been known to comment that she has a great bum but it`s a good job I have long arms.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 01:04 PM

I find those of a larger size have a happier outlook than the terribly slim.
WE had a Jamaican lady board her pet with us a few years back and on the very large size. I have never laughed so much in my life, she was so full of happiness.

Bit like Rustie Lee

Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 01:33 PM

I think it's ok to discuss weight with a close friend or family member if you are concerned for their health.
We know that it can have health repercussions and staying within a healthy weight range is a good idea, for all kinds of reasons.
Sometimes talking around the subject can lead to that person saying they would like to lose a bit and you can offer to help them.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 01:41 PM

I would never disrespect someone by commenting on their size. I take people as I find them and couldn't care less what they look like on the outside. What does it matter?

The talk this morning was about being able to say to a good friend. Definitely not imo.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top