Join for free
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:14 AM

Defiant Charlie Hebdo

I know there are many that will agree with the latest edition of this magazine printing another cartoon on the 'front page'.
I am baffled by this show of defiance - I applauded the recent march - it was dignified - but this makes no sense to me nor to many peace loving Muslims.
What are your views on it ? - should they have left that lasting impression of the march and not added more fuel to the fire ?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:20 AM

Re: Defiant Charlie Hebdo

Should have left the lasting impression of the march. Not a good idea TBH, IMO to add more fuel to the fire.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Good thing in my opinion. By doing so, they are sending out the message to terrorists that they can shoot, kill, do what they want, but we wont change through violence.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Good thing in my opinion. By doing so, they are sending out the message to terrorists that they can shoot, kill, do what they want, but we wont change through violence.
Agree 100%, if they change the way they operate then the terrorists have won..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 12:01 PM

Great idea for a many as possible to have a 'mass showing' of a cartoon all at the same time . Terrorists can't attack them all at once and free speech must not be seen to be silenced though I think in most instances it should be used with discretion, this is not one of them. The terrorists must not win.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 12:18 PM

I guess the idea is people have a right to offend and others a right to be offended, I just don't get it when it is offending innocent people. It's a mystery to me why people have to be so nasty why do people have to be so offensive, I see it on this forum when a member cannot wait to find a thread in which she can chuck in the sky fairy description of God, why be so offensive why not just allow that some people believe differently to you and stop trying to be clever - it is not clever by the way just offensive.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 12:25 PM

This is what has me perplexed - I just 'dont' get it' !!
Freedom of speech is one thing - this is ridiculous behaviour to me and it saddens me ........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-01-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Well that's OK then
They have the right to condemn the innocent do they ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 12:28 PM

So why send a message to all Muslims when only a small number of terrorists who most Muslims would say are not even Muslim are the problem ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 01:00 PM

We never had such marches with the London bombings and no prime minister came over to grieve with us. So what is wrong with the French?

Just goes to show the big gap between France and the UK and not only the English channel.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top