Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 02:59 AM

Mutton dressed as lamb!

OR THE MODERN TREND OF WOMEN WEARING UNDERWEAR {SEE THROUGH} AS TOP GARMENTS?

this fashion as always astounded and bemused me - why would one want to show your underwear in public over your other clothes - attractive? not to this male - I find it rather rude and silly and the sooner women move onto the next male imposed fashion the better
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 08:16 AM

Re: Mutton dressed as lamb!

On a couple of occasions I have noticed my upper garments have been very trendy too. They have the label on the outside which is really cool though being at the back I don't get to appreciate its beauty. The only thing I didn't like was that the buttons and the pocket had been put on the inside which made them very difficult to use.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 08:27 AM

I have had that look too, seams it is bad luck to change that look through the course of a day once adopted.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 09:02 AM

Some women would wear a turd on their head if some so-called designer told them it was high fashion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have had that look too, seams it is bad luck to change that look through the course of a day once adopted.

My Mum used to say that Spittie, she was always superstitious about that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Some women would wear a turd on their head if some so-called designer told them it was high fashion.

I agree eccles. Complete fashion slaves.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

26-01-2015, 09:45 AM

The problem is young men are so visually stimulater that the ladies have discoverd yet another way of attracting there attention. We notice all right but it doesn't have the same affect on us as it does with 20 year olds. I say, go for it girls see what outrageous fashion you can come up with next. Can you imagine the reaction from some of their mothers,......magic.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
On a couple of occasions I have noticed my upper garments have been very trendy too. They have the label on the outside which is really cool though being at the back I don't get to appreciate its beauty. The only thing I didn't like was that the buttons and the pocket had been put on the inside which made them very difficult to use.
I've sometimes wore that cool look,
I told friends thats not my size label thats the name of the shop i got it from
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
OR THE MODERN TREND OF WOMEN WEARING UNDERWEAR {SEE THROUGH} AS TOP GARMENTS?

this fashion as always astounded and bemused me - why would one want to show your underwear in public over your other clothes - attractive? not to this male - I find it rather rude and silly and the sooner women move onto the next male imposed fashion the better
I agree with you - there is no style any more - just stupid 'fashions'. Luckily I do not not follow the herd. I wear whatever suits me and looks elegant for the occasion.

I loathe leggings - surely one of the most ugly of the recent trends - and as for black/dark underwear worn under white/pastel blouses - Yuk !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 10:26 AM

I hate the phrase mutton dressed as lamb generally these days people can wear whatever they want, thankfully the idea when you hit a certain age you disappear into "classics" or old lady clothes has gone. I am not a huge fan of many styles but if people are happy and comfortable in them then good for them.
Have to admit I often wear a black bra and light top but I figure I wear a coat to work so won't be seen and my tabard (now that's a challenge to make classy and elegant) covers all when I get there. So hopefully no one notices.

I don't wear leggings these days but back in the early 90's loved them they really are comfortable !

I sometimes look at the Indian lady next door with her beautiful farashas and think I might like to try one of those.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top