Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

27-01-2015, 06:44 AM

Do you get fed up with life.

It's a question I have been meaning to ask for several weeks now. Do you get fed up with your life ? You see I am often in pain because of my medical condition but I never get fed up. Life is always fun for me, if it stopped being fun I would quickly do something about it. I changed my job about seven times because employers put me under too much pressure. If you are not enjoying your work, leave. If you don't like where you live, move to somewhere else. I've done it seven times in my life. If I didn't like it here in north wales I would move at the drop of a hat. Life is too short to put up with a load of rubbish from around you. Don't complain, do something about it, all members of this forum are lovely people to me, you should not have to put up with anything. I find the people that do, age very quickly. We have people in our family who have endured various problems for years. In the long run it has not done any of them any good.
Have a think about it, could you change your life so that you are really happy again. What stops you from doing it accept your own attitude to how things are. I told my wife if anything happens to me and she is unhappy here sell the houses and live somewhere where you can have a dam good time, doing what you want. Do you think I have the right attitude ? Please say what you like if you prefer I will not reply to anything you say.
Best regards
bob
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 07:50 AM

Re: Do you get fed up with life.

You have the right attitude but some of us cannot change things.
I moved for health reasons - it was not a good move and I can't change that.
I cant change the health problems either.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 08:00 AM

Some people have little or no control over their circumstances regarding changing job or moving home.

We like were we live but we need to down size soon. The house and gardens will soon be unmanageable for either us.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 08:01 AM

Patsy is right some of us are not in a position to change things in our lives, financial constraints can severely limit options. Never take your lives for granted, things can change in a heartbeat.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 08:36 AM

How can anyone get fed up, this is an amazing journey, no other living thing has lived this moment before, has it?.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 08:39 AM

Agree with all the above posts, people cannot always change their circumstances due to financial, health or family reasons.

I am one of the fortunate ones who have extracated myself from a situation, but it took a long time before I was able to do it.

Yes I agree that it's no good complaining about a situation, you either have to put up with it or change it. But we do love a good moan don't we
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 09:17 AM

A bird in a gilded cage is still a bird in a cage...

The trick is not to see the bars..

We are all trapped by one thing or another , work , housing, family, finance whatever...The trick is to find a little joy and happiness in what we do have ..
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 09:20 AM

I think a lot of people do get fed up with things in life, if they are in pain all the time, I do, but if there's nothing you can do about it, then you just have to get on with things, I am in pain all the time, but I still have to go out and visit my elderly Mother twice a week in the rush hour on two trains and two buses, as I have no choice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Some people have little or no control over their circumstances regarding changing job or moving home.

We like were we live but we need to down size soon. The house and gardens will soon be unmanageable for either us.
Same here but I am constrained by the cost of moving so not sure I can do much about it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
A bird in a gilded cage is still a bird in a cage...

The trick is not to see the bars..

We are all trapped by one thing or another , work , housing, family, finance whatever...The trick is to find a little joy and happiness in what we do have ..

I agree Cass.
Sometimes I think we should try to be content with what we HAVE got, instead of always yearning for more.
I would love a bigger place with more garden, a greenhouse and a veg,patch, and more space for my dogs to play, but on the other hand, some people don't even have a home of their own at all.
It's easy to want more, but not always easy to feel content with what you already have.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top