Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 03:29 PM

Pravda

After the murder of that chap close to the Kremlin I had a look at Pravda to get a Soviet viewpoint on this and the world in general . Worried about this now. Thoughts please
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 03:34 PM

Re: Pravda

Thoughts ? I think I don't have enough information to say anything. You say you sought information and it worried you but didn't tell us what you found
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Ive tried to keep up with the news on Russia , not sure what you have found but this worried me slightly ,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31669195
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 03:51 PM

I'm a bit dim when it comes to all these affairs, but I'm sick to death of other countries making us feel threatened and scared. Totally sick of it.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thoughts ? I think I don't have enough information to say anything. You say you sought information and it worried you but didn't tell us what you found
Pravda is a Russia Soviet 'style' newspaper. It reflects a view of the world not seen and in conflict with western newspapers. Well worth looking at.
http://english.pravda.ru/

I'm going to have to say that I agree with the Russian view on the Ukraine and the M E
Agent
north east

01-03-2015, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Ive tried to keep up with the news on Russia , not sure what you have found but this worried me slightly ,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31669195
What really worries me is I agree with the Russians.
What on earth are our leaders getting us into.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Agent ->
I agree with the Russians.
Do you mean that you agree that Russia should be allowed to take over Eastern Ukraine
Agent
north east

01-03-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Do you mean that you agree that Russia should be allowed to take over Eastern Ukraine
I would agree with the Russian point of view in this matter. Yes that is correct.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Agent ->
I would agree with the Russian point of view in this matter. Yes that is correct.
The majority of the people in Ukraine don't agree, one can draw an imaginary line and say that is the East and then do a survey and, surprise surprise, you have a majority who want to become part of Russia.

Power politics is a dirty game, I want no part of it. I do agree with the MI6 guy who said we should be increasing our miltary spend not decreasing it.
Agent
north east

01-03-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
The majority of the people in Ukraine don't agree, one can draw an imaginary line and say that is the East and then do a survey and, surprise surprise, you have a majority who want to become part of Russia.

Power politics is a dirty game, I want no part of it. I do agree with the MI6 guy who said we should be increasing our miltary spend not decreasing it.
Yes I agree with that.. I do not believe in talking loudly and carrying a little stick.
But if Russian is our enemy I believe it may be of our own making.
We have other enemies not of our making.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top