Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 02:29 PM

And now the promises.

Now the Campaigning for the General election has arrived we will I'm sure be bombarded with promises from all parties.

I wonder how many have kept their promises once they have got in power.

Who to vote for?

Conservative.... Better the devil you know...or....They may get too complacent if they get in again.

Whoever gets in they have one thing on their mind and that is not the people. It's to feather their own nests. Well that's how I see it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 02:41 PM

Re: And now the promises.

I don't like what I am hearing from the cons this time, from what I see we have cut almost to the bone at the bottom but they still seem to think they can wring more out of the people who have next to nothing. I think it's the turn of someone else to take the next cuts or even increase tax a bit.
Greens sounded alright until they said abolish the royals.
UKIP sounds alright until you hear some of the more radical people involved then they get a bit scary too.

More and more I think abstain this time - none of the above.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 02:43 PM

Of late i been thinking i wont vote this time,nothing being proposed that will help me or my area so far, they should be accountable by law for the manifestos they produce. Whatever i decide doubt Con/Lib/Lab will feature on my gambling slip come May.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 02:51 PM

I may just spoil my paper-I will never not go to vote.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Three thoughts come to mind with political leaders:-

If a lie is told often enough it becomes the truth

Honesty, integrity reliability if you can fake them you've got it made.

The ability to talk a good job is more important than doing it.

I must admit on all these three counts I find Camera-on to be the winner.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 03:59 PM

And all decisions will be made in camera? I like your style and wit
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 04:04 PM

UKIP all the way for me and my Oh, what we need in this country is a break away from the mainstream parties and have some fresh ideas from Farrage and co
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 04:13 PM

Sadly the lunatic fringe always stand a chance in times like these where decent people decide a protest vote is a good idea.

The fact is MP's are out for themselves they earn a good living doing what they do so they will promise you the earth to get where they want to be ie in power..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 04:14 PM

But can your Prime Minister do this?

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 08:45 AM

I'll be glad to get away from it for a week. But yes, tis true, the lies have started. Thought exactly the same thing this morning.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top