Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 10:36 PM

Famous People

Who have you seen or met that's famous?

Be it someone from the Past or Present...

Or maybe you know someone famous personally!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 10:37 PM

Re: Famous People

walked past Russ Abbot in the street many years ago, what a claim to fame!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 10:43 PM

I used to live near to the lovely Roy Kinnear and he sometimes bought us ice cream.

Dad worked for Texaco oil and so I met a few of the formula one drivers including James Hunt and Nikki Lauda..

I also met Tony Curtis once , I was only about 9 and when I recognised him he gave me that big grin winked and said 'sure am kid'

Ive bumped into a few people including an olympic skater (wont say his name) who is an arrogant pig and behaves like a spoilt child and a famous singer who I didnt recognise at the time but laughed and joked with much to the horror of my workmates who knew who he was and thought I should have been more respectful to..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
walked past Russ Abbot in the street many years ago, what a claim to fame!

He was a funny bloke
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

30-03-2015, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I used to live near to the lovely Roy Kinnear and he sometimes bought us ice cream.

Dad worked for Texaco oil and so I met a few of the formula one drivers including James Hunt and Nikki Lauda..

I also met Tony Curtis once , I was only about 9 and when I recognised him he gave me that big grin winked and said 'sure am kid'

Ive bumped into a few people including an olympic skater (wont say his name) who is an arrogant pig and behaves like a spoilt child and a famous singer who I didnt recognise at the time but laughed and joked with much to the horror of my workmates who knew who he was and thought I should have been more respectful to..
I liked Roy Kinnear he died on the set of the making of the Return Of The Three Musketeer's, he was a great comedy actor
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I liked Roy Kinnear he died on the set of the making of the Three Musketeer's, he was a great comedy actor
I watched the casual vacancy on BBC1 recently and saw Rory, he looks so much like his dad. I remember how proud Roy was when he was born.. Such a pity he isnt around anymore.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
He was a funny bloke
yep he was, the next night we passed Bella Emberg his side kick, she looked like a lonely woman, kept her eyes on the floor as she shuffled along..
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 12:11 AM

I met David Beckham when I worked in the big Tesco.
He was a regular shopper in there. It was at the time when his first child, Brooklyn, was a baby and he was sat in the baby seat of the trolley. He was on the drinks aisle and I was walking towards him, he gave me a lovely smile. It was afterwards that I realised who he was!

His wife also shopped there but, unlike David, she had a bodyguard with her. No smiles from her though, she was too interested in talking into her mobile phone.

There were quite a few "celebs" and footballers that shopped there.

In my little Tesco Express where I work now, I have served and chatted with Tricia Penrose who played Gina in Heartbeat. Nice girl.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 12:40 AM

Many years ago saw Cliff Richard in Gatwick airport. Never liked him.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 01:00 AM

I met Oliver Reed and Franco Nero when they were filming the Virgin and the Gypsy, I also met some of the cast of Lady Caroline Lamb, much of the above 2 films were made at Chatsworth. I also met some members of the Royal family there. When I worked in Press/PR I met quite a few well known people, Barry Sheen, Geoff Capes (didn´t like either of them), I also sat next to Michael Aspel at a company dinner, a real gentleman and very pleasant. John Lowe (darts) lived quite near to us and was a regular at our local. I´ve also met Natalie Robb a few times (Moyra in Emmerdale), her mother lived in the street behind us here in Spain and was a friend of ours. Now she has moved Malaga way but is still in touch now and then. I´ve also met Ainsley Harriott and Lloyd Grossman and chatted to Bryan Ferry on a long haul flight. One of our neighbours here, a few streets away is Ricky
Valance (tell Laura I love her), but he´s a busy man these days doing shows and local TV, he must have had many face lifts, he looks like a waxwork dummy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top