Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 11:17 PM

Murder/Suicide?

a family from the UK who recently moved to Gibralter have been wiped out including a six week old baby!

Reading between the lines, one of the parents and I'm assuming the father, killed them then himself, how could anyone murder their children?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 11:24 PM

Re: Murder/Suicide?

I suppose anyone who could kill themself, is capable of anything, transcending logical explanation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 08:18 AM

Disturbed mind very disturbed I would say, can't understand it myself and feel very lucky I can't really.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 08:25 AM

Is this definite Honey? I heard a bit about the family being shot, but hadn't heard this latest information.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is this definite Honey? I heard a bit about the family being shot, but hadn't heard this latest information.
I think you are confusing them with the couple who were shot this family was stabbed. Wow isn't the news depressing
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 08:53 AM

150 killed by a suicidal pilot.
Family supposedly killed by their father.
A couple shot in Spain.

What a sad and sick world!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
a
Reading between the lines, one of the parents and I'm assuming the father, killed them then himself, how could anyone murder their children? :cry:
Quite easily, they do not look on it as 'murder' more a case of they no longer wish to be here so take their children/spouse with them to keep them safe in a cruel world.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 09:08 AM

Its no wonder that people who are suicidal or have MH issues hide them.

The world is so judgemental.
Sometimes when a person has MH issues the world isnt a safe place and they honestly beleive that they are sparing their loved ones suffering.
Sometimes these people cannot grasp the severity of the problem and they have often been let down by medical professionals in their treatment .

Of course there are jealous people who just have the attitude 'if I cant have them no one will' and kill their children/partner but even they have MH issues of a kind.

The whole 'they are sickos' attitude is exactly what stops the taboo around MH and suicide from being broken.
Please think before judging it can happen to anyone. How would you feel if it were your loved ones?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

Sometimes when a person has MH issues the world isnt a safe place and they honestly beleive that they are sparing their loved ones suffering.
Sometimes these people cannot grasp the severity of the problem and they have often been let down by medical professionals in their treatment .

Of course there are jealous people who just have the attitude 'if I cant have them no one will' and kill their children/partner but even they have MH issues of a kind.

The whole 'they are sickos' attitude is exactly what stops the taboo around MH and suicide from being broken.
Please think before judging it can happen to anyone. How would you feel if it were your loved ones?
Excellent post, Cass!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

What a nice compassionate post Cass. There is still a stigma with mental illness for some which is terribly sad in this day and age.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top