Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:28 AM

Tesco

Tesco has hit the Buffers (apparently), will this finally explode the myth that perennial corporate growth is achievable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:32 AM

Re: Tesco

That's a shame just had two really nice experiences with them, they are IMO one of the better companies around. I never get why people are so against them puzzles me it does.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:39 AM

They all seem to have their day in the sun and then fade away, it seems to be the nature of things.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:46 AM

I've never particularly liked Tesco because of its dominant position and it's food product range. Now that we have other stores moving in locally, I use Tesco less and less and would happily do without it altogether.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:47 AM

Aldi and Lidl seem to be on the same path, rapid expansion then rationalisation.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:41 AM

I understand from some items on the radio a while ago that Tescos in its greed grabbed land all over the place to build stores of one kind or another regardless of the local requirements. This action denied other business the ability to set up on various sites.

A lesson not to be too greedy maybe..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:42 AM

I understand from some items on the radio a while ago that Tescos in its greed grabbed land all over the place to build stores of one kind or another regardless of the local requirements. This action denied other business the ability to set up on various sites.

Their current predicament is a lesson not to be too greedy maybe..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

A lesson not to be too greedy maybe..
That is it exactly Meg
They wanted to build yet another big store in my location, the residents were against it because of traffic build up, the whole thing went on for about 3 years and came to a conclusion last year - Tesco lost the battle.
I bet Tesco are pleased about that now ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 11:16 AM

Well my missus hasn't a good word to say about Tesco, never had, according to her they charge different prices for the same thing in all the stores around here, and they are forever trying to palm off outdated stuff, there are three stores within a mile radius of where we live, she now used Lidi and Aldi most of the time. She definitely won't lose any sleep if Tesco burst with greed.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 11:19 AM

Lidl, Aldi and Morrison for us.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top