Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:02 AM

Feather Dusters

I don't trust them to get all me dust
I wouldn't buy one for that reason, alright for a chandelier but I don't have one of them
I use disposable dusters - good they are, gets rid of every scrap, then in the bin it goes - lovely
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:06 AM

Re: Feather Dusters

Feather dusters , great for tickling spiders out of the house ! Otherwise I'm a bit naughty and don't do lots of dusting .....ooops just seen a another one now where did I put that feather duster ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:10 AM

I prefer an anti static one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/33140...13=80&ff14=108 they attract the dust to them so do a very good job. But TBH only way to really dust well is a damp cloth preferably a micro fibre one.
Feathers don't last long either whereas the anti static ones can be shampooed and conditioned and used time and again.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Oh I just love my yellow feather duster, comes in handy for all sorts of situations.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:40 AM

I only get the feather duster out in combination with the flying helmet and the wet celery ...ooh la la

Honestly I have an anti static one for all the high places and micro fibre for normal surface dust.. No spray polish here either OH lungs and little parrot lungs cant take the smell.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:47 AM

Me being a Cleaner like Julie, they have introduced a Microfibre Telescopic Duster for us at work. They are very nifty and not very large. They get in all the nooks and crannys good for those awkward spots. Mines lime green..
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Feather dusters , great for tickling spiders out of the house ! Otherwise I'm a bit naughty and don't do lots of dusting .....ooops just seen a another one now where did I put that feather duster ...
Are you still having problems with spiders Susan?

Feather dusters are useless for cleaning, you can't even wash them. They remind me of pictures of people in a French maids outfit from the past.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 12:01 PM

I don't do much dusting but I was after a long handled duster but ended up getting one in microfibre and like a glove. It can be used wet and dry so is good for cleaning the car too.

Being orange it is hard to lose.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 12:26 PM

I've got one of the same material that I wash the floors with. It fits onto a long handled thing and you can take it off and wash it or even put it in the washing machine, mines fluorescent green so you can miss that either.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 12:30 PM

Interesting what you all get up to with yer dusters ........
Tickling sticks - that's what they are, the microfiber are probably better ........
After I dust - Fabs uses a microfiber cloth to finish off ......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top