Join for free
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 03:47 PM

Are people who don't like crude jokes 'prissy'?

Is there something wrong about not liking crude jokes or is it the other way around ?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 03:58 PM

Re: Are people who don't like crude jokes 'prissy'?

No I don't think We're prissy...just sensible :~)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:02 PM

The short answer to your question Alan is - NO
I think its their mentality to put that slant on things - they seem to think we're missing out - I do believe somethings missing
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:09 PM

Oh I see what the threads about now...the 'Adult Humour' section?..I clicked on it but told I need a Password.. eek!...What's goin' on behind the green door?..och I must be too prissy to want to find out,heh heh.;~)
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Is there something wrong about not liking crude jokes or is it the other way around ?
Not liking crude jokes is likely to mean you have enough intelligence not to join in laughing at them and passing them which happens all the time on social media.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh I see what the threads about now...the 'Adult Humour' section?..I clicked on it but told I need a Password.. eek!...What's goin' on behind the green door?..och I must be too prissy to want to find out,heh heh.;~)

I didn't take it to mean that section May, I thought Alan meant just crude jokes in general conversation, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Anyway, I don't a 'saucy' joke, but I don't like explicit, crude things at all. I also think some people can get away with more than others with what they say. It's probably down to their personality and how it's said.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:23 PM

I'm very broadminded, as a life - drawing Steampunk I think I can safely claim that. However, there are crude jokes and sick jokes. I'm fond of the saucy type that are just amusing reflections of human behaviour, but, can't see the humour in some of the things supposed to be funny. Bad taste is not my cup of tea.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:30 PM

If you don't laugh at crude jokes you're apt to be labelled as having no sense of humour or priggish, which is fine by me. I think they're pathetic and childish. Bodily parts, swearing and the like might have made me laugh when I was 12 but hey - I'm grown up now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Depends where you were bought up, schooled, what environments you have worked in, which individuals you have had the fortune/misfortune to communicate with, I.E experiences, I think the more experiences you have had, the less opinions you have of stuff, you just accept it more, maybe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:39 PM

Crude jokes are not really my thing but I wouldn't class myself as 'prissy'. I am not particularly a fan of jokes at all preferring witticisms but then each to his own

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top