Join for free
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 10:57 PM

Fake Fags

I ain't no smoker, but the poor folks who fancy a puff on a fag have been hounded out of existence, now the same crowd are after the users of E Cigarettes, what a drag.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 11:14 PM

Re: Fake Fags

Yes, I've been hearing about this on the news today, Spitty.
Some people are saying there is no proof these E.Cigs are harmless, while others are saying there is no proof they are harmful either.
The way I see it is, these things haven't been 'invented' that long, so they obviously haven't been 'smoked' for that long either. So logically how can anyone say they are harmless with long term use? They won't know yet.
Todays users are nothing more than the manufacturers guinea pigs IMO.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 11:32 PM

It's no more than the continued witchunt against smokers.

Due to health concerns over tobacco products and second hand smoke restrictions were placed on the smoking of 'real' cigarettes in public places. Fair enough, to a non-smoker clouds of undispersed smoke can't have been pleasant.

E-cigarettes are different. Most are vapour based, with nicotine. And ... other chemicals.
To smokers trying to kick the habit they provide a great alternative to wean themselves off real fags.
So .. they might have their own batch of additives and chemicals? Are they as bad as fags? Are they no different to all the additives in your coffee or tea or the processed foods crammed on supermarket shelves?

Perhaps we should also outlaw anyone chomping away on high sugar content foods in public in case it normalises obesity ...or corrupts children into wanting to eat unhealthy foods themselves?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It's no more than the continued witchunt against smokers.

Due to health concerns over tobacco products and second hand smoke restrictions were placed on the smoking of 'real' cigarettes in public places. Fair enough, to a non-smoker clouds of undispersed smoke can't have been pleasant.

E-cigarettes are different. Most are vapour based, with nicotine. And ... other chemicals.
To smokers trying to kick the habit they provide a great alternative to wean themselves off real fags.
So .. they might have their own batch of additives and chemicals? Are they as bad as fags? Are they no different to all the additives in your coffee or tea or the processed foods crammed on supermarket shelves?

Perhaps we should also outlaw anyone chomping away on high sugar content foods in public in case it normalises obesity ...or corrupts children into wanting to eat unhealthy foods themselves?

I kind of agree, Morticia, but only thing is, stuffing one's face with high sugar foods in public, or restaurants, isn't going to harm anyone's else's body, like fag smoke did.
Some people hated being made to inhale 'second hand smoke', but they can't really absorb harmful chemicals by seeing someone eating a large burger.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 09:16 AM

The only problem I have with esmokers is the trend of the chargers causing fires. But then again, so can a careless cigarette.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 09:35 AM

I am not sure how I feel about these things, I have seen 2 people stop smoking using them but one of them is now addicted to the ecigs I have also seen young people who never smoked using them and wonder how many will end up smoking the real thing ?

So for one person stopping entirely so many others leave me worried. But should we stop the person who is using them as intended to save the others ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am not sure how I feel about these things, I have seen 2 people stop smoking using them but one of them is now addicted to the ecigs I have also seen young people who never smoked using them and wonder how many will end up smoking the real thing ?

So for one person stopping entirely so many others leave me worried. But should we stop the person who is using them as intended to save the others ?
I see youngsters smoking the real deal on their way to school - as I did. If E cigs had been around I'd have opted for them. So I see them as a good alternative - they are just a vapour that causes no irritation to non smokers .............
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 10:05 AM

I do agree but I am not sure they have been around long enough to say they are harmless.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do agree but I am not sure they have been around long enough to say they are harmless.
I did research on them - besides the vapour which is harmless, the rest is what is used for asthma inhalers, compared to the real deal, these are better for all concerned .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-06-2015, 10:26 AM

Can't say I have researched them at all but many things seem safe it's years later the problems start to show. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top