Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 10:52 AM

What do you fear

My worst fear was to be alone. I was born into a large family , married young ,became mum, then after divorce married again, I had never lived alone, yet fate happened and at the age of 52 my greatest fear happened, I had to learn to live alone, I was terrified , had no support and was truly on my own. Life became hard to live , I never thought I would survive living with just me, after years of being on my own I now say my greatest fear became my greatest gift. I'm happy, I cope and I doubt if I would ever change it.

have you overcome fear and turned your life around .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:04 AM

Re: What do you fear

Fab post Susan - I was hoping there would be a positive outcome and there was
You will surely help some people that share your past fear
Keep being positive - I admire you for it
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:24 AM

Susan I was so glad to hear that you had conquered your fear, alright it might not have been by choice but whilst reading your post I was holding my breath as I did not know where it was going.

I am so pleased to hear you are happy and hopefully life is being kinder to you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:27 AM

Great post Susan, it gives hope to us all who no doubt will be left alone if we live long enough.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My worst fear was to be alone. I was born into a large family , married young ,became mum, then after divorce married again, I had never lived alone, yet fate happened and at the age of 52 my greatest fear happened, I had to learn to live alone, I was terrified , had no support and was truly on my own. Life became hard to live , I never thought I would survive living with just me, after years of being on my own I now say my greatest fear became my greatest gift. I'm happy, I cope and I doubt if I would ever change it.

have you overcome fear and turned your life around .
I would say being alone is greatly underrate Susan a word of warning though, it can be addictive and when with other people you find yourself wondering how quickly you can be rid of them
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would say being alone is greatly underrate Susan a word of warning though, it can be addictive and when with other people you find yourself wondering how quickly you can be rid of them
So true!

Not really sure what I fear, other than being severely incapacitated and unable to do anything about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:46 AM

My fear now is the outside world. Gone are the days when I would happily drive all over the country, my world is shrinking.

Driving anywhere outside my usual 'territory' a few miles in circumference is becoming the stuff of nightmares and motorway driving a big 'no' for me in case I break down and find myself stranded there .

It is not so bad thought I am content in my own space and don't really need to go far.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 12:00 PM

Im lucky in that Ive only ever feared silly things like the dentist or fairground rides..

I dont fear my world and Im happy to travel alone.. Im happy to be alone at home or out and about so no fears on that scale.

I suppose if I had to earmark one thing it would be getting so incapacitated that I needed carers and had to live in a home.. All the noise and other people, plus the lack of privacy would be the worst thing I can imagine.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 02:40 PM

I don't fear anything really. I believe in the saying 'sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 08:49 PM

I think I could cope with most things except the loss of my wife, that would be the only real fear I have, I really wouldn't know how to handle that at all, I mean we grew up together all those years ago, she is truly the other half of me, I only hope and pray that I go first.
I have great admiration for anyone who has lost a loving partner and managed to come through it and get on with their own lives.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top