Join for free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 04:21 PM

Disrepectul people on the forum

I only joined the forum this year and in general have found it to be a really good mix of all the different things that interest me. I have enjoyed the interaction with other people where I feel that I can comment, be read and sometimes have replies.

I have however noticed that there are a few people on here who seem to take delight in being sarcastic and ridiculing other people who have a different opinion to themselves.

I have just been looking at a discussion on the science and supernatural part of the forum and feel so angry at certain people who seem to delight in putting others down. It is no longer a discussion but more an attack and defence thread. Such a shame that some on here, cannot if not really interested, leave the thread that they are spoiling alone and let others have a sensible discussion.

I am not saying that they cannot express a differing opinion but it almost amounts to bullying and the sarcasm is really unacceptable.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 04:44 PM

Re: Disrepectul people on the forum

It takes every kind of people-I have no shame in being sardonic if some may think we come from outer space,apart from that I think I am pretty level headed and treat folks with respect
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 04:56 PM

Forums are a reflection on life really aren't they Alberta except that the detractors are shielded by a computer screen. Of course we all have our own opinions but if opinions are put over properly then they are more likely to add to a good and lively debate and perhaps even change minds about topics.

It won't happen of course because we are all different and some of the more unpleasant characteristics of people come to the fore.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 05:07 PM

I feel it's up to the OP of the thread to bring it back on topic..,failing that report it to the Mod's,Meg/Mags,or the Admin' (AZZ) to do so,
I think starting a thread to shame those at fault just isn't good for the Forum,sorry,that's My opinion,
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 05:13 PM

Because one's opinion differs from that of the apparent majority
does not mean that one is not interested in the subject.

What one person chooses to interpret as 'sarcasm' might well be intended merely as humour.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 05:18 PM

I've learned to pick and choose topics with care and even then voicing an opinion can get some surprising reactions. Every now and then I feel strongly enough about something to have a quick blurt and stand back! Sometimes it's just a good idea to avoid the serious stuff and sometimes you find that even lighthearted stuff gets serious! It's a minefield! You just have to be a bit tough, tougher than me usually!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 06:11 PM

I understand what you mean Alberta, but that's the way forums go, I tend to stay out of the serious stuff as much a I can, everyone has their own ideas how to run the the world and their ideas are always the best, they may as well dream here as in bed as far as I'm concerned. That of which you refer is fairly mild, I've seen a lot worse on here, hopefully those days are gone now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 06:32 PM

I've cut down most of the serious stuff - now its a no go area - can't be doing with it - my opinion ain't worth listening to anyway
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 06:44 PM

Every Members opinion is worth listening to Patsy,even the stubborn,disruptive,naughty ones, after all it would be a pretty bland Forum without 'em.;~)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Every Members opinion is worth listening to Patsy,even the stubborn,disruptive,naughty ones, after all it would be a pretty bland Forum without 'em.;~)
Works for you - not for me

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top