Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:50 AM

Gun being held to Britain's head by the French !!

So NOW we know why there hasn't been even so much as a squeak of protest from any of our pathetic government officials or MEP's over the misery being daily inflicted on British holidaymakers and Truckers in Calais. I had heard rumours of Call me Dave quaking at the thought of the following happening but never did I imagine that the whole might of the British Government would be brought to it's knees by a country that should in fact be on it's knees forever in gratitude to us !! and I was unfortunately correct in my thinking. This morning I read the following

Despite the misery being inflicted on British holidaymakers, and the chaos being caused in Kent, ministers have made little or no public criticism of the French government.
The reason is simple. when it comes to border controls, we need the French a lot more than they need us.
And if David Cameron or Theresa May start demanding action or lecturing President Hollande over his woeful failure to control his militant unions, he has the nuclear option of dismantling the border controls the UK has been allowed to install on French soil.

A series of agreements -dating back to the opening of the Channel Tunnel, but bolstered significantly at the height of the asylum crisis under the Blair government - allow the UK to operate so-called "juxtaposed border controls". These mean that British border guards can turn away suspected illegal immigrants (should they spot them) in Calais and Dunkirk.

In France, senior politicians are already agitating for Hollande to rip up the deals. Most prominently, Natacha Bouchart, the outspoken mayor of Calais, says her town is being held "hostage to the British". and that immigration checks should be shifted back to Dover and Folkstone.

If this were to happen, it would be little short of disastrous
for Mrs May and the Prime Minister - and the French know it.
Migrants turned around by British border guards in France have no rights to claim asylum in the UK, as they are not on UK soil. If the guards lose their authority to do this - and their first point of contact with illegals is at Dover - all would be free to claim refugee status. The UK Government would then have to process the claims, at great cost to the taxpayer.
For unfounded claims, there would then follow a lengthy battle to deport them to often dangerous home countries. This particularly hard with migrants who have destroyed their papers and will not disclose their nationality.

The bedlam of trying to deal with claims by migrants without documents was one of the main reasons the British Government pushed for the juxtaposed controls in the first place. It's also why the Cameron administration - to the irritation of Britons whose holidays are being ruined - is being so publicly sanguine now.

All ministers can do is hurl money at the French to try to keep them sweet. Already £12million has been pledged to improve security in Calais and elsewhere, including the installation of giant fences. A further £2million will be used to create a so-called truck buffer zone at Calais to make it harder for illegals to terrorise lorry drivers.

If France threatens to walk away from the juxtaposed controls arrangement, Britain could of course threaten to retaliate by removing French border officials from Dover. But this would be dismissed with a Gallic snort: after all, there aren't illegal immigrants massed at the British border trying to sneak INTO a French immigration and welfare system that would treat them far more harshly.

unquote

So fellow Forum posters? what is the solution. what can our lily-livered government do to stick two fingers up at the French who are forever sticking two fingers up at us by forever making our holidaymakers and trucker' lives absolute hell and a laughing stock of our immigration system. These migrants should be given asylum at the first port of Europe that they arrive at. Yes you French and Italian !! that means you? It doesn't mean you ushering them on towards Calais and the UK.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:54 AM

Re: Gun being held to Britain's head by the French !!

No wonder we are having the austerity cuts here, we're keeping everyone else 'sweet'
I'm too annoyed to express what I really feel
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:54 AM

No one ever likes to hear it but we need to make people feel safe in their own countries and then all the migration problems would go away. At the moment who can blame the people running from their countries to try to get to us where they will at least feel safe ?

This isn't solvable more locally we have to help them stay at home.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 10:47 AM

There is no answer, the problem has been left to late. The UK is finished, gone, had it, history thanks to a small minority with small thinking.
Come to that most of Europe has had it and if this is bad think of the small island of Lesbos .
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 11:11 AM

Bloody French should have let Germany keep the shit hole.😠
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 11:49 AM

Like Patsy I am too incensed to say anything!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 11:50 AM

Here we go again !! it has just been announced this morning that anyone going to France via Dover to Calais for the day - DON'T !!

Anyone travelling via the Channel Tunnel - DON'T !! it is presently closed due to Immigrant problems on the Calais side.

Truthfully now and this is just my own personal opinion and I know it is more of a rant from furious me and absolute pie in the sky (before the Europhiles and the bleeding hearts have a go at me) But I would dearly love to have my country and British respect back.
For starters I would love to see a case full of dynamite placed (by order of the British Government) at this end of the Channel Tunnel and watch with glee as it is permanently and very loudly closed for ever.(Never again would the French smugly call us their peninsular ever again !!)

Secondly I would dearly love to (I know, I know, I will get a few tut tut's for this as it is definitely not very ladylike) I'm afraid I have to blame six brothers and six sons for that !! but I would love to give the middle finger to the French, their militant unions and their turn the other way and not look French border guards and police and order our border guards out of crappy Calais, pull them all back to Dover and put them back to use in the Immigration offices as full back up for our lads and lasses from the British armed forces who would take over Immigration guard duties. No messing about there! until they are past the barrier with our guards they would still be deemed to be outside the UK and slammed back onto the ferry to be turfed off back to those lot over in France.

Ahhhhh, if only ..........................

Rant over !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 12:01 PM

What did we expect to happen when we gave this country away to Europe.
The French do seem to have us by the short and curly's!
Over the years we have striven hard to make Britain what it is today; Free healthcare to anyone that needs it, a benefits system to keep the homeless off the streets and provide housing and shelter to the needy, an attempt to provide work for anyone who wants to live in a decent house and raise a family.....Small wonder that people from the poorer countries of the EU want to re-locate, live in peace, and receive a helping hand to achieve a better life - Can't blame them, I would do the same.

Most of our manufacturing is now being done overseas, foreign companies have set up here to assemble parts made elsewhere, and hold us to ransom, with the threat to pull out should we leave the EU. Our food is mainly produced abroad and has to be shipped in by lorry through Calais, thereby decimating our farming industry. We would not be capable of being self sustainable without the multitude of vehicles thundering along the motorways from Calais. Our exports to the rest of the world now pass through France.

Britain is turning into the 'Hotel of Europe' where people can come to live, but very little work is being done. [except in the service industries] We are building on brown field sites where once the roar of machines turned out mile after mile of good quality steel, to be distributed to all corners of the world. They are now being built upon to house the ever increasing population that will eventually swamp society as we know it, and the machines are silent.

Yes, the migration will eventually stop. When this green and pleasant land turns into the overcrowded, decimated, lawless, war torn country that they left to come here, they will leave to find somewhere else....

Cement up the tunnel, close down Dover, start growing our own food again, use our mighty coal fired power stations [without having to pay the crippling green tax the EU have levied on them making us purchase power from Guess where? France] to provide power for our factories that will produce goods and work for Britain, making us self contained once again......Or is it too late now?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 12:19 PM

I always hated the very idea of the tunnel.
Very non PC to admit it then and now, but I always loathed the notion and the reality.

Hell I LIKE being an island!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I always hated the very idea of the tunnel.
Very non PC to admit it then and now, but I always loathed the notion and the reality.

Hell I LIKE being an island!!!

Me too Ruthio...It's kept us safe for hundreds of years....

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top