Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:12 AM

Hair Dye?

My hair is turning white. Was considering dyeing it. Who uses what on their hair? I reckon light grey would suit me, just enough grey to take the 'white' glare off.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:20 AM

Re: Hair Dye?

I understand a blue rinse is popular with the ladies Mark !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:21 AM

The Silver Fox look can be attractive! Go for it!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:24 AM

The salt and pepper look is attractive on men
You can get a product that you apply the colour to bits of hair that you want darker, have a look in Boots, its temporary though
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:29 AM

Get a colour that will blend in well with your own, as they normally have a chart at the side of the box, to show you what will look best. Go a little lighter than your own colouring too so it wont look obvious
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:42 AM

Chat to a hairdresser and get it done professionally Mark, incase you mess it up. You could always DIY it later, but not to start with.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:45 AM

I have 'a thing' about men with dyed hair, it makes me squirm as do hair pieces . It looks so obvious and 'silly' . Undyed hair is not one shade but many different colours which are picked up by the light .
Dyed hair is one flat colour and so obvious. I see a man shopping in Waitrose with dyed hair and want to tell him to stop.
it can also be the mark of a vain man and no woman likes that.
I would keep your distinguished grey locks Mark and wash them so that they shine and the silver picks up the light. That is all that is required

I don't think George Clooney would be nearly so popular with dyed hair .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have 'a thing' about men with dyed hair, it makes me squirm as do hair pieces . It looks so obvious and 'silly' . Undyed hair is not one shade but many different colours which are picked up by the light .
Dyed hair is one flat colour and so obvious. I see a man shopping in Waitrose with dyed hair and want to tell him to stop.
I would keep your distinguished grey locks Mark and wash them so that they shine. That is all that is required

It's perhaps not fair in a way, if it is considered 'vain' in men, but accepted as normal in women. Funny old world.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:56 AM

I started going grey in my late forties ( my dad did to) not bothered about dying it
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would keep your distinguished grey locks Mark and wash them so that they shine and the silver picks up the light. That is all that is required

I don't think George Clooney would be nearly so popular with dyed hair .

I agree, my father became a silver fox quite early, i was hoping for the same, but i would never dye my hair. Did so only once back in the seventies for a Bowie concert

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top