Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Surgery for Sutcliffe

They were discussing something quite interesting on 'Loose Women' today, and it was about Peter Sutcliffe.
They were asking whether the tax payer should be paying £5,000 for an eye operation Sutcliffe needs, to stop him losing his sight.

Some said make him work and pay for it himself, same as we have to, and others were saying it's all about his 'Human Rights' and of course he should have the surgery. The lady who said this was then asked whether she would still feel the same if it were HER daughter that he had murdered. She thought she would still feel the same.

If it had been a family member of mine, I admit I might struggle with the benevolent attitude, but I can see both sides too.

What do you think?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Re: Surgery for Sutcliffe

Human rights !
Let him put up with whatever ails him
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 01:54 PM

We have a duty of care to prisoners so yes he should get health care like anyone else. I hate this idea we all have to know how much everyone operation costs, if it wasn't for that I doubt it would have made the news.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:03 PM

To me it is all about humanity.

Being sent to prison and deprived of your liberty is punishment.
Inflicting pain by removing medical help should not be part of a punishment, it is also inhumane.
Once we stoop to those levels in our society we become on a par with those who have committed the crimes.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:04 PM

Im surprised he is so well looked after considering what he did. He eats the best steak most days i bet there are many senior citizens that haven't seen a steak for years let alone eat steak most days. I maybe wrong but it just seems so wrong to me that people like Sutcliffe are treated far better than our elderly medical treatment when they need it with no hanging around, good food a gym to keep fit all free if i want to go to the gym it costs me an arm and a leg!!
Big wide screen tv's and much, much more.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:05 PM

@Doc - agree with you
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:11 PM

Meg wasn't it inhuman what he did to those women? So why reward him with a cushy life ok he's locked up big deal he was probably a loner anyway so being locked up probably does not bother him one bit. I just cannot make people out going on about depriving him of medical treatment would bring us to his level so what if it does. This nutter is being treated far better than a lot of innocent people and it just is not right.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
To me it is all about humanity.

Being sent to prison and deprived of your liberty is punishment.
Inflicting pain by removing medical help should not be part of a punishment, it is also inhumane.
Once we stoop to those levels in our society we become on a par with those who have committed the crimes.
I fully agree with this Meg, even though I'm having to pay £2.5k for my cataract operation or wait for nearly a year on the NHS.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:13 PM

He'll still be locked up behind bars forever and watched every moment for the rest of His rotten miserable Life... unable to hurt or kill Anyone again...that's really all that matters.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Meg wasn't it inhuman what he did to those women? So why reward him with a cushy life ok he's locked up big deal he was probably a loner anyway so being locked up probably does not bother him one bit. I just cannot make people out going on about depriving him of medical treatment would bring us to his level so what if it does. This nutter is being treated far better than a lot of innocent people and it just is not right.
Doc just because part of the population is inhumane it doesn't mean we all have to copy them . If we do it makes us no better than they are.

I wouldn't call being locked up in a cell and deprived of my liberty 'a cushy life'. It would be hell on earth for me to be locked up .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top