Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 11:56 AM

My potential dog ownership is taking a step closer

Handed my application form to our manager this morning, and signed the pet agreement that she'd also sent.

Though she was busy with someone inspecting the site for our residents issues, she was able to say it could be dealt with this week.

I had a quiet word with the lady next door, who has the children, as she would have been my only concern. However, she is totally fine with it, as long as I don't get a big killer dog, which we've all agreed is a big no-no!! she also thinks the children will love the idea, so we're keeping it quiet for now. She said they'd be knocking on my door all the time, going 'where's the dog?' And it will be a nice surprise for them. Mum agrees we could all go to the park together, which we do anyway but it would be more fun.

I emailed this to our manager and she's replied, saying excellent, she will look through their policies and hopefully get the paperwork out to me by the end of this week.

She also admitted that some leaseholders have obtained dogs without permission and is happy I'm going about it the right way. I said well, that's me. If I didn't ask, and there was an incident, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. She also said I have to invite her to meet my new pet and give it a cuddle. I'm lucky that she also owns a dog.

So, fingers crossed I will soon be having serious words with Battersea Dogs Home.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 12:48 PM

Re: My potential dog ownership is taking a step closer

Oh brilliant I am sure you will have many happy years with which ever companion you chose (or who chooses you).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 12:49 PM

How lovely Jazzi, he or she will likely choose 'you' Xx

EDIT - snap Julie
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 12:51 PM

How brilliant for you Jazzi
Im sure you will spot the one for you and they for you ...mind you I dont envy you trying to pick just one lol
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 02:47 PM

Well, use your bleeding brain and don't get one that yaps constantly. You can be sure your neighbours attitudes will change rapidly if you choose the wrong type of dog.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 02:51 PM

That's great news Janet ... happy cuddles for you soon
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well, use your bleeding brain and don't get one that yaps constantly. You can be sure your neighbours attitudes will change rapidly if you choose the wrong type of dog.
That's why I'm going to try Battersea to see if they can match me up with something suitable, and a non yapper!

Now...do I start stockpiling things now, or wait?
I feel a huge shop coming on (Wilko, the Range, Pets At Home, pound shops...)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 02:55 PM

Wait until you know what you are getting, we didn't once and ended up with labrador sized bowls and beds for a yorkshire terrier
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Wait until you know what you are getting, we didn't once and ended up with labrador sized bowls and beds for a yorkshire terrier
Lol
Yes, spend your time looking for the best deals, before hitting Poundland and the others.
Your new friend may come with its own bed and some toys
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 03:00 PM

How wonderful for you Jazzi, I bet you are beginning to feel excited. I'm sure there is the perfect little dog out there for you. Of course like me you won't spoil it

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top