Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:50 AM

10th Anniversary of 24 hour drinking

24 hour drinking 10 years to the day .
Has the 24 hr pub opening affected you?
I've never noticed, it's made no difference to me ... The local pubs stay open for an extra hour on the weekend.
All the moral out pourings 10 years ago of drink related crimes would go through the roof proved to be untrue !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:53 AM

Re: 10th Anniversary of 24 hour drinking

Pubs where I live don't stay open all night. It takes a deep pocket to visit pubs these days and as far as I can see not many around here can afford to spend hours and hours in a pub.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:55 AM

Christ Ripple, I disagree with you so much there I could blow a gasket
But as I am just bobbing on my IPad mini it is rather difficult.
But I will get you later!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Christ Ripple, I disagree with you so much there I could blow a gasket
But as I am just bobbing on my IPad mini it is rather difficult.
But I will get you later!
Get a wriggle on I can't hang about
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
24 hour drinking 10 years to the day .
Has the 24 hr pub opening affected you?
I've never noticed, it's made no difference to me ... The local pubs stay open for an extra hour on the weekend.
All the moral out pourings 10 years ago of drink related crimes would go through the roof proved to be untrue !

Do go and visit your local A & E on a Fri/Sat night and you may notice a difference from 10 years ago

Levels of alcohol-related crime and anti-social behaviour are still at unacceptable levels, according to the government. The cost of alcohol misuse is estimated to be around £21bn each year. Police officers have complained that 53% of their time is spent dealing with drink-related crime. And 50% of ambulance staff have said they have been injured when trying to deal with drink-related violence.
Ripple

24-11-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Do go and visit your local A & E on a Fri/Sat night and you may notice a difference from 10 years ago

Levels of alcohol-related crime and anti-social behaviour are still at unacceptable levels, according to the government. The cost of alcohol misuse is estimated to be around £21bn each year. Police officers have complained that 53% of their time is spent dealing with drink-related crime. And 50% of ambulance staff have said they have been injured when trying to deal with drink-related violence.
Hi Solo . The figures may well be unacceptable I don't dispute that , but Government figures on drink related crimes have improved over the past 10 years
Drink related crime numbers are down and impressively so.
http://www.iea.org.uk/publications/r...-licensing-act
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:38 AM

Pubs are closing at an alarming rate, our small town has lost 4 in the last year.
Ripple

24-11-2015, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Pubs are closing at an alarming rate, our small town has lost 4 in the last year.
A pub closed in our village too, the blame was said to be the availability of cheap supermarket drink
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->

Here hear hear Solo, I second all of your emotions.
And please don't talk to me about so called crime figures.
Have you tried to report a crime lately?
Try and find either a Bobby or police station for a start to report a crime. Mission impossible! Most people nowadays don't even bother.
Even when the drunken scum have caused bother, and after getting out of a and e, either the police don't record it, or the courts hand out stupid light sentences.

Try living very near either a pub or club Ripple and I reckon you would change your mind on that.
Gosh! Am I glad I got that off my chest or what?
Bobbing up and down on my IPad or not!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Hi Solo . The figures may well be unacceptable I don't dispute that , but Government figures on drink related crimes have improved over the past 10 years
Drink related crime numbers are down and impressively so.
http://www.iea.org.uk/publications/r...-licensing-act
Hi Rip

There are other aspects to those figures as well. Several years of difficult economic years will certainly have played a part, also people are getting zipped on the cheap in their own homes on cheap supermarket swill, and that's the reason why they're not getting arrested as much in the streets anymore, but many still end up in A & E tripping over Fluffy or down the starirs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top