Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:02 AM

Home Delivery

Heard a couple of incidents regarding home deliveries
A woman was having a new cooker installed, arranged with the council to pick up the old one which would be left outside.
A parcel was delivered and the driver put a note through her door - parcel has been left in oven
The poor woman was frantic as it has been taken to the tip so she had to go there and search for the oven - she got her parcel

Another time the driver decided to hurl the parcel through an open window - missed the window and the parcel landed on the roof !
Any similar happened to you ?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Re: Home Delivery

24 piece tea service delivered in 48 separate cardboard boxes. Says it all about deliveries

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....x-row-10488851
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
24 piece tea service delivered in 48 separate cardboard boxes. Says it all about deliveries

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....x-row-10488851
Yes - I heard that one too
What a waste of material - happens a lot to me, very small item 'big' box
Large item stuffed into packaging far too small !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:40 AM

Poor little fella came round to our house with a delivery note saying his parcel had been left with us. Turned out it was next door. He went next door to collect it and they said to him, oh it was for flat2 so we showed the delivery guy where flat 2 was, and he pushed it through the letter box!
Only it was flat2 but the wrong house number!!!
Poor little fella, I do hope he got his package eventually!!

Do you 'get it' because I didn't 'get it' at first...if the delivery man had put his note through the right flat in the first place, saying where the package was left, why did he then deliver the package to a totally different flat???

My brain hurts now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:45 AM

We used to have a shed in the communal gardens often parcels were pushed through the window and a card left for the recipient sadly the shed was locked and had to call out the council each time to unlock it or wait for the gardeners to come along as they sometimes had a key too.

When it snowed one year we had a card pushed through the door saying the parcel had been left by the front door - it was weeks later when the snow melted we found it outside in the back porch area buried under the snow. Rather soggy that was and we had complained and got a refund in the mean time
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:49 AM

We had a woman on our fb local social page that posted a video of a delivery man ringing her doorbell, when there was no response he not only took the parcel away again but also one left by a previous delivery person!
One of my family had a garden ornament taken buy a grocery delivery man on his way back to his truck, a neighbor saw him!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:55 AM

Hmmm our postman was eventually found to have hundreds of parcels and piles of post he used to take home rather than deliver, he got 4 years in prison for it. Felt a bit sorry for him he wasn't stealing it for him self he was just a bit lazy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;751771]Hmmm our postman was eventually found to have hundreds of parcels and piles of post he used to take home rather than deliver, he got 4 years in prison for it. Felt a bit sorry for him he wasn't stealing it for him self he was just a bit lazy [/QUOTE]

Are you mad? Of course that's stealing, its taking things that didn't belong to him and he had no right to hold onto.
How long did he intend keeping it for?

I wouldn't be so forgiving if it was something important I had needed urgently, and it was left sitting in that blokes shed!

A year or two ago, I had a mouldy, wet package delivered to me. It was medication. It had been found with loads of other stuff somewhere in Bedford, where a postman had dumped it 18 months previously.
So I'm afraid I can't think 'poor postman, he was just feeling a bit lazy.'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-11-2015, 12:29 PM

If you has seen him you would have felt sorry for him too Mups he had two disabled children and his wife was on verge of a breakdown, he was trying to get home each day as quick as he could to take the pressure off his wife. He needed help IMO the entire family needed help not prison.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:39 PM

It's ridiculous. Yodel are the worst, "left in safe place" when really they just chucked it over the fence into a puddle of water.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top