Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 07:59 PM

Leather furniture

I always like the look of leather suites but, I've noticed there's always lots for sale on local selling pages, makes me wonder if they're not comfy.
Has anyone got or had one?
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:03 PM

Re: Leather furniture

Yes, we have two a 3 seater and a 2 seater, they look nice and ours has worn very well, but would I buy leather again NO reason, they are oh so cold to sit on in winter.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:05 PM

The problem with them is that they have fixed seats, so you can't turn them over for even wear
I like the look but most are not comfy
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The problem with them is that they have fixed seats, so you can't turn them over for even wear
I like the look but most are not comfy
That is so true Patsy, you cant alternate for wear but personally ours are really comfy,
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:11 PM

That's good Marj - weren't so lucky
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:12 PM

I hate leather furniture, hot and sticky to sit on in the summer and cold in the winter .

My son has a leather suite now relegated to the play room.
When babysitting I used to take a cotton throw to sit on.
Marj
England

24-11-2015, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hate leather furniture, hot and sticky to sit on in the summer and cold in the winter .

My son has a suite now relegated to the play room.
Meg that is just not so in our house in summer its the one place you can cool down laying on the settee wonderful and cool to the body.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:18 PM

I love ours (3-seater and a 2-seater sofa, both chocolate brown, with recliner seats). The only problem I have with them is that I tend to stick to them if I have a y bare flesh showing!

The suite is about six or seven years old now, and has aged beautifully. Shabby chic rules!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
I love ours (3-seater and a 2-seater sofa, both chocolate brown, with recliner seats). The only problem I have with them is that I tend to stick to them if I have a y bare flesh showing!
That's what I found particularly in the summer, I don't like the feeling of sitting on leather at all.

The cats claws played havoc with it too.
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:32 PM

I have leather and love the feel, but keep a throw on it for comfort.

you can get the best of both worlds,fabric seats, leather arms.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top