Join for free
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:30 AM

Read This And Tell Me , You Are Still Against Hanging.....

Probably one of the most harrowing articles, I have ever read. Milly Dowler, the poor child, what she went through and her poor parents knowing what he did to their child.
You can't condone allowing this vile monster to live at our expense and safe in his prison cell?
Surely it's time to return the Death Penalty for monsters like him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onfession.html
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:33 AM

Re: Read This And Tell Me , You Are Still Against Hanging.....

I can't read the article as I know it will be too upsetting but I agree that when there is no shadow of doubt the death penalty should be reinstated.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:41 AM

I go against many when I say in preference to hanging I would rather they lived a long life..in prison..facing everyday knowing that someone in that jail is waiting for the chance to do them harm and will do so at every chance they can

Being in solitary is no protection
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:41 AM

I've never been opposed to the death penalty, I'm just not sure that our justice system is good enough to trust with such a decision. One innocent person wrongly killed is too many. I think there should be a tariff system. Where the evidence against someone is so overwhelming that there is no doubt whatever about his/her guilt, then the death penalty should be imposed. Where the evidence is compelling but primarily circumstantial, then the death penalty should not be used.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:43 AM

Three thousand five hundred Negroes have been lynched in the USA between 1882 and 1968.
Not one person was ever charged in connection with any of these hangings.
Swift justice is not always the best way !
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:47 AM

There are many Evil murderers Men and Women who should have been hanged but are still being kept in a life of comfort .I really dont see the sense in letting them live ..
I might excuse crimes of passion but not someone who does murder over and over again and to children that have no chance of fighting off their murderer .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:49 AM

For certain cases, I would not be against the death penalty.

However, I do not think hanging in this day and age seems appropriate though, it seems a very 'cowboy westerns' type solution to me and rather uncivilised. I don't see why a simple injection, as is done for our animals, should not be used though.

I also seriously think that for serial male sex offenders/rapists they should be castrated. Not only would it no doubt be a huge deterrent, but it would stop them re-offending.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Probably one of the most harrowing articles, I have ever read. Milly Dowler, the poor child, what she went through and her poor parents knowing what he did to their child.
You can't condone allowing this vile monster to live at our expense and safe in his prison cell?
Surely it's time to return the Death Penalty for monsters like him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onfession.html
I don't think there is any doubt that he is guilty and I am horrified that he chose to brag about it to a fellow inmate. Death is too good for him so what about weekly sessions locked in a room with a bunch of perverts who are allowed to rape and torture him.......... I wonder how long it would be before he was begging for the death penalty!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:15 PM

I can't read the article , too upsetting , but I do think lethal injection should be law when no doubt is there and the murderer is convicted .

Prison life is easy for them , I know this , even when they are in a protected wing . I personally know two people , one is still in prison a pedophile he got 10 yrs , his life is cushy , I know this for a fact via his family members who visit , the other a family member who was in prison for 3 months , he recently told me it was no big deal , and laughed saying three score meals a day , he even taught guitar to the other inmates while there .

Prison life is not being punished , prison means loss of freedom

I say lethal injection as it's less barbaric for the onlookers and those who have to give it . Not to make it less hurtful for the murderer , he deserves to suffer fear
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Hi

I am against the death penalty, just my own personal view.

I have no problems at all with killing someone to save the lives of innocents or to prevent injury to them, neither do I have any problem in killing someone who is trying to kill me.

I do however object to killing a prisoner who is no longer a danger to others.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top