Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:30 PM

What attracted you to your significant other?

I met my husband to be 51 years ago, when he was nearly 18and I was 15, he was on holiday in my home island. I had met his much older brother and sister-in-law when they visited us when I was 8. My English mother had been friends with his sister-in-law when she was young, and still living at home in the UK.

All these years later I am still not sure why we were attracted to each other, and married 4 years after we met. We have absolutely nothing in common apart from our children and grandchildren. He had a Mensa level intelligence, and even now with only half a functioning brain is still much more intelligent than me. It is also quite likely he has Asperger's Syndrome too, like our highly intelligent grandson (14). Although of course when we were young the term 'autism' wasn't heard of in the way it is today. I suspect I was attracted by his intelligence, him by my life style, which was so different to his, being a Londoner by birth.

We have been married for 47 years this year and haven't murdered each other yet, so that is an achievement, we must have got something right!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:32 PM

Re: What attracted you to your significant other?

He was a talker - don't like quiet and moody
Great eyes to mesmerise me
Intelligent - clever and fabulous at DIY
Lucky Patsy
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:35 PM

I dont have a significant other !
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Opposites attract
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I dont have a significant other !
He's just around the corner me darlin' - will be a good year for you x
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
He's just around the corner me darlin' - will be a good year for you x
aww youre too kind patsy ...thats sweet of you !
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:18 PM

not sure to be honest
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What attracted you to your significant other?
Her hairy legs.

I saw her standing there, waiting for the same tram in her home town in eastern Slovakia. I hadn't seen a woman with hairy legs since the 60's in Germany. I just had to speak to her but I don't speak Slovak. Never mind I thought, "I'll ask her what number tram will take me to the railway station" ... as if I didn't already know. Slovak was the only language she could speak but with grunts and groans I managed to invite her for a cup of coffee at the railways station. I figured I could use a friend, there in Košice, as I was already in love with the place and had already been there twice. "What is your name", I tried in several languages. She understood nothing. I pointed at my chest and told her mine. I then pointed at her and said, "Ah .... er .... Olga?" "Olga", she repeated. This woman didn't understand damned I word I was saying. But guess what! Yes! Her name is Olga!

That was it. We exchanged addresses and said goodbye. Well, I said “goodbye”, she said ¤*#¡ďúĽ …. or something like that. I wrote her (in German) for a whole year. She had my letters translated. It was when I arrived the following year that my world was turned upside down. Olga had much more than hairy legs! Two years later (and a dozen visits to Slovakia) she came to Sweden and we were married!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:21 PM

The "Barley wine and Bitter", heavens how did I drink the stuff

So long ago England Won the World Cup
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Her hairy legs.

It was when I arrived the following year that my world was turned upside down. Olga had much more than hairy legs!
What? She had a beard as well?

Kinky .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top