Join for free
Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 08:46 AM

Junior Doctors strike.....

Jememy Hunt is deliberately picking a dispute with the BMA and doesn't want to see the dispute settled. Typical 'nasty party'!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a6861606.html

Contrast that news with this little snippet: Osborne's cronies demanding their 'pound of flesh' from the NHS.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a6861576.html
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:05 AM

Re: Junior Doctors strike.....

....What the papers say

Independent: "The health secretary has treated junior doctors with contempt. Forcing their hand will damage the NHS".
Sun: "Sickness works seven days. A health care system understaffed at weekends is as obsolete as a VHS player. Hunt negotiated endlessly. He is now standing up for patients and the Tory promise to voters."
Times: "It is irresponsible of the BMA to exploit public sympathy for the NHS in order to insinuate that Mr Hunt is ruthlessly denying it resources."
Daily Telegraph: "Militants within the BMA seem determined to force the democratically-elected government into a corner. They must not be allowed to succeed."
Guardian:"The big question is why Mr Hunt has been tempted into this provocative show of strength. He holds up his perfectly proper ambition for better weekend hospital care but it is hard to feel entirely convinced this is the only motive."
Daily Express: "The contract Jeremy Hunt will be imposing on junior doctors is a fair one. The BMA needs to accept the health secretary's decision and lay this issue to rest so that junior doctors can get on with doing what they do best."
I say...The deal they have been offered is a fair one and they should accept it in the interests of the NHS, the patients and their colleagues
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:15 AM

I don't know enough about it to come down on either side.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:15 AM

Seems jeremy is again not being honest when he used the names of the Chief executives of NHS to support his imposition of these contracts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...6pLid%3D429366
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:34 AM

In 1985, after a meeting with an Employment Solicitor, I found out a contract of employment wasn't worth the paper it was written on, seems not a lot has changed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:13 AM

Hi

A far cheaper and much more sensible option would be to return to the system that used to be in place.

Train all Doctors and Nurses free of charge and then they are required to work for a fixed number of years, after which they are free to leave.

No reliance on foreign doctors or nurses and a perpetual supply of staff for weekend working.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:44 AM

I agree Swimfeeders, I also wonder why it's not acceptable for doctors to have days off in the week instead of weekends, other people have to. I didn't get paid extra for working Saturdays and I had to work every other one. I think they should make sure they don't work too many hours in one go though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I agree Swimfeeders, I also wonder why it's not acceptable for doctors to have days off in the week instead of weekends, other people have to. I didn't get paid extra for working Saturdays and I had to work every other one. I think they should make sure they don't work too many hours in one go though.
I agree, in all the many jobs I have had, I have been involved with caring, for animals, children, the sick, the elderly and weekends have just been another day.
You know when entering that kind of work that is how it will be.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 10:01 AM

As an ex Trade Union Representative I have every sympathy with those workers who are forced by bad employers into strike action, I have been there !
However, having reviewed the claims and the offers made by the government, I believe that in this case the doctors are being unreasonable !......I also believe that an imposed contract is unreasonable and that they should both withdraw any further threats and get back around the table.
Only a negotiated settlement will be acceptable, workable and long lasting
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 10:09 AM

A negotiated settlement is the optimum I agree, but for that to happen both sides have to compromise a little and I have seen very little of that from the BMA.

The consensus is that the contract offered is a fair one, so they should accept it and move on, for everyone's sake.

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top