Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:27 PM

Ouch! I've got Shingles

It started the other day with a small itch on my back and thought nothing of it. I looked the day after and i had a cluster of spots, today the cluster has spread i have them under my arm too. I went to the Doctors this morning and i have to take 5 Aciclovir tablets through the course of the day and for 7 days. I do hope it's not as bad as my Mother had as hers was on her head she was in terrible agony with it. My pain is just beginning, i can feel it twinging

Has anyone on here had it before?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:31 PM

Re: Ouch! I've got Shingles

My husband (the fittest healthiest man in the world!) had it a few years ago and was shocked at the effect it had on him. It really laid him low. Be kind to yourself; do as little as possible and sleep as much as possible.

He was fine once the thing had run its course and has not had any lasting problems, He took Acyclovir.

I hope you'll be fine but please take care of yourself
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:32 PM

Poor you
Fabs had that years ago - definitely stress related - have you moved yet ? x
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:33 PM

I am only posting to commiserate with you SuzukiS. You poor thing!
I have never had Shingles as I have never had Chicken Pox. I have known a few people who have suffered with it in their eyes. So awful.

Get Well Soon!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:36 PM

Never had it but I hope you get well soon Sue, too much stress on you lately with the move and all.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery x
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:39 PM

My commiserations SS
Some folks are affected worse than others .. Take the advice of your doctor and remember to take you medication.
I hope you are soon back to normal again.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:47 PM

Sue you poor thing
I hope you don't suffer with it
The advice to rest is such an important one
It's difficult to do in our hectic lives but our bodies definitely heal quicker while we're sleeping.
Take care and get others to take care of you too x
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 04:48 PM

Thank you all for your kind words, i think it's the stress from moving house, we haven't moved yet but due to move the end of next month. At the moment i'm in the early stages so i will have to rest up a while and take it easy for now and hope i don't scream too loud
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-02-2016, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Thank you all for your kind words, i think it's the stress from moving house, we haven't moved yet but due to move the end of next month. At the moment i'm in the early stages so i will have to rest up a while and take it easy for now and hope i don't scream too loud
Hopefully it will be a mild case for you - try not to worry though xx

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top