Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 02:44 PM

A new one on me..

I came across a "must have" dwarf shrub today at Dobbies garden centre. A Coprosma Pina Colada. Described as a stunning dwarf evergreen shrub. It's distinctive small and glossy, golden hued foliage has a bronzy overtone that intensifies in Autumn. Spread 18"x18". It was ideal for that little area that needed to be filled. It looks really beautiful with the full sun on it this afternoon and all for less than £10. I recommend you go and hunt it down.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 03:17 PM

Re: A new one on me..

Never heard of that one Ez. Will have to go and do a bit of research on it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 03:20 PM

It's tender, though, so needs protection in the winter.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I came across a "must have" dwarf shrub today at Dobbies garden centre. A Coprosma Pina Colada. Described as a stunning dwarf evergreen shrub. It's distinctive small and glossy, golden hued foliage has a bronzy overtone that intensifies in Autumn. Spread 18"x18". It was ideal for that little area that needed to be filled. It looks really beautiful with the full sun on it this afternoon and all for less than £10. I recommend you go and hunt it down.
It looks beautiful EZ, I think I may be interested in that myself .... thanks!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Co...IBigB&dpr=1.09
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
It's tender, though, so needs protection in the winter.
Hi Ania.
According to "The man" in the garden centre they are only tender in their early stages ie seedlings, but hardy enough when matured which this one is. Says so on the infoblurb which comes with the plant too. Anyway we'll see next winter. I tend to fleece many of my plants during the colder spells..which we're still having actually.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 10:48 AM

I just looked it up and it says it looks different throughout the year, so thats sounds good. I am not going to brave the crowds at the garden centre today, but I will keep it in mind. Are you off on any other expeditions to find new species for us yet?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 10:51 AM

Does it like getting caught in the rain?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-05-2016, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I just looked it up and it says it looks different throughout the year, so thats sounds good. I am not going to brave the crowds at the garden centre today, but I will keep it in mind. Are you off on any other expeditions to find new species for us yet?
I can honestly say that at least five out of the seven days a week you will find me in a garden centre. Only the ones with a decent coffee shop of course! I'm always on the lookout for something a bit different.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-05-2016, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does it like getting caught in the rain?
I hope so Longdogs, it got more than enough yesterday.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top