Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 08:46 AM

Do i matter. ? (The local elections May 5th)

Elections on Thursday, and so far only one campaign leaflet through my door, from an independent candidate.

Time was when i would be bombarded with them also cars with loudspeakers roaming about. So as a potential voter am i not worth someone informing me about what they intend to do if elected. ?

My area is staunch Labour, so i feel they think they dont need to try, heaven knows ive done my best to get them out they are entrenched and comfortably numb and need a shock.

Would love to see some electoral change so we have something proportional to better represent our votes, otherwise i can understand why voters are becoming turned off by the current system

Ive also noticed ive not received my council tax bill yet, being a suspicious person i think it will be held back until after the election.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 08:57 AM

Re: Do i matter. ? (The local elections May 5th)

Different story up here in my part of Scotland Nom. I have never seen so many campaign leaflets come through the letterbox.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Elections on Thursday, and so far only one campaign leaflet through my door, from an independent candidate.

Time was when i would be bombarded with them also cars with loudspeakers roaming about. So as a potential voter am i not worth someone informing me about what they intend to do if elected. ?

My area is staunch Labour, so i feel they think they dont need to try, heaven knows ive done my best to get them out they are entrenched and comfortably numb and need a shock.

Would love to see some electoral change so we have something proportional to better represent our votes, otherwise i can understand why voters are becoming turned off by the current system

Ive also noticed ive not received my council tax bill yet, being a suspicious person i think it will be held back until after the election.
You should be more worried about not getting your council tax bill...no way can they hold it back till after the election..its got lost in the post but I bet your summons wont be for not paying it on time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:08 AM

The only election I have the opportunity to take part in is for the expensive waste of space called a Police and crime commissioner like this one..

POLICE and crime commissioner Bill Longmore has appointed his former election campaign manager as his deputy, defying public opinion.

Mr Longmore, who was elected last month, has sparked outrage – and infuriated leading figures across Worcestershire – by confirming Barrie Sheldon as his £50,000-ayear number two.

The move was approved despite claims of “cronyism”and calls for the role to be properly advertised and appointed in an open way. Only last week the Police and Crime Panel (PCP), a watchdog-style body, recommended he scrap it amid concerns over transparency.
Longmore and Sheldon are 'Independents'.
There are 6 people standing this time including Mr Sheldon . I won't be voting for any of them.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:13 AM

He does look a bit shifty, doesn't he? Please don't deport him to my colony.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
He does look a bit shifty, doesn't he? Please don't deport him to my colony.
Ploppy would you buy a used car from that man
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:26 AM

Yes Scot37 Scotland seems more up for voting these days, will be interesting to see the outcome of Thursdays vote.

We also have voting for positions of Mayor and Police commissioner, neithe seem to garner much interest from the voters.

Never get any door knockers round here, would love to hear their answers to my questions.

EU in or out. ?

Cuts to welfare, what would you do ?

Social housing, what would you build. ?

Investing in people via training / retraining. ?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:29 AM

We are in the same boat Nom but I suspect for different reasons. The area is predominantly Labour but sometimes swings Liberal. As a Conservative I have yet to receive a Conservative leaflet through the door. I suspect they have given up on us. Its the same with The Police Commissioners. The one who was elected last time sounds like the one described by Meg and is a complete waste of time.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ploppy would you buy a used car from that man
I don't think I'd buy anything from that Duckhead.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Nom, if they used PR to elect governments they would make a lot more effort to win your vote, because that system is fairer...... that is why the two largest parties don't want to use PR.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top