Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 11:45 AM

An Afterlife?

If an afterlife of some sort does exist, we aren't likely to be the same people we were at death? Would a child remain a child, a person with disabilities still have them, an elderly person with dementia remain demented, etc? Would we have the same relationship with our relatives and friends?

I suppose it is just a possibility that people continually move from one full life experience to another, where they become totally different characters in each.

From my point of view I prefer the idea of ceasing to be completely when I die. If that is the case I won't miss anyone or anything.

If you wish for an afterlife, what would you want it to be like?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Re: An Afterlife?

I would be quite happy to return as the same person but with the benefit of hindsight so I could do things differently.

If I had to be someone else, I would be Italian. Great food, great women and good looking.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 12:41 PM

I don't think there is an afterlife neither do I want one.
This life has been quite enough or me.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Same here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well, we don't always get what we want, we get what were given.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 01:12 PM

Knowing my luck, I'd come back as me!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-05-2016, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Well, we don't always get what we want, we get what were given.
Meaning?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 02:08 PM

The thing is we won't know until it happens!
If there is an afterlife, l would like an action-replay of this one, so that l can savour and appreciate every bit of it. I have really loved my life and l don't want it to end....
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 02:12 PM

A profound question, and one not answered easily.

If there is such a thing as an after-life - and I really don't believe this is so - then all sorts of things have to be considered..

My Granny was a frail old lady in her mid-70's, and she had great trouble just moving around her room. Getting downstairs and upstairs was a problem even with two of us to help her.

Now, if I went to heaven, would she be there to greet me? Would she still be the fail old lady with no teeth? Would she be destined to spend eternity in this way? I wouldn't be able to recognise her if she was a young Victorian lass, and she wouldn't be 'my granny'.

Wouldn't I get bored in heaven? Oh, it would be lovely to walk through unspoilt woods, to play golf on pristine courses, to bathe beside beautiful beaches, to ski on perfect slopes, to fish on the banks of a pastured river.
.... but, how long could I do this before I became bored with it all?
The bible tells us that we would sit at the feet of the Almighty and sing hymns of his greatness. I really would be fed up with his by lunchtime.

Many of my best friends have been cats and dogs. They were sometimes 'naughty' by human standards, but they were never evil or bad. A priest once told me that animals were not allowed into heaven because they had no souls - only humans had souls. I thought then, and continue to think how unfair that is.

If I went to heaven, would I be allowed to use the occasional swear word? Could I tell a rude joke? Would it be permissible to give a wolf whistle to a pretty angel sitting on a cloud? Would I be sent to hell if I passed wind?

You know something? It sounds a lot more fun down in the other place, and that's probably where I'm going anyway!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 03:54 PM

I would like to know just how big this heaven for afterlife is that will hold all the people in the universe from centuries galore ago

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top