Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 05:55 PM

Help required cushions.

Hi

Some things are just so mystifying.

I want to clean/swap my cushions in my lounge.

I have 10 of them, 3 different sizes of covers, three patterns, all shades of duck egg blue.

I took the covers off with the intention of washing them, with 10 cushions I have 14 inners, some had two in.

The three types of cushion covers have three different sets of washing instructions.

The inners are all slightly bigger than the covers.

Three of them I am definitely changing, a kind of suede finish with duck egg blue shiny circles in them.

They are all 8 years old and not very comfy now.

They were not cheap, Laura Ashley and John Lewis and three she had made, my last ex could really spend the money.

I want to buy online, don't fancy wasting a day looking.

Any ideas?

Size of insert and what it should be made of, some are far more expensive than others.

New ones, anyone got any ideas where to get them from?

What is the easiest material to wash, keep clean?

I don't want to be spending a fortune on them.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:02 PM

Re: Help required cushions.

I did mine a couple of years ago and used Plumbs, they came out, measured up and had a fantastic choice of colours and materials. I chose a mix of plain and stripes for all the cushions on my sofa and one chair.
They also advise on washing /dry cleaning etc. I chose washable cos I just wanted to be able to freshen up the suite occasionally.
Cost was about £500 which I thought reasonable.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Studio 21 we found reasonable, you may have a local store because I thought the store had a better range.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Get yourself down to a Dunelm Mill!
Very reasonable
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I did mine a couple of years ago and used Plumbs, they came out, measured up and had a fantastic choice of colours and materials. I chose a mix of plain and stripes for all the cushions on my sofa and one chair.
They also advise on washing /dry cleaning etc. I chose washable cos I just wanted to be able to freshen up the suite occasionally.
Cost was about £500 which I thought reasonable.
I used Plumbs last year too to make covers for my suit.
I was a bit sceptical having read a few reviews but they were ok and I was satisfied with the results.
I chose the fabric I wanted then waited until they had an offer on that particular fabric. They seem to have sales on things in rotation. My covers are washable but I haven't washed then yet.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Studio 21 we found reasonable, you may have a local store because I thought the store had a better range.
It appears I have the wrong cushion covers, you mean seat pad covers.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
It appears I have the wrong cushion covers, you mean seat pad covers.
Oh me too!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:44 PM

Hi

No cushions, the sofas are leather, just want ordinary cushions, the type you can move around.

The type the little ones throw at each other.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No cushions, the sofas are leather, just want ordinary cushions, the type you can move around.

The type the little ones throw at each other.
Dunelm Mills as Rhian mentioned may be worth a visit. I had the covers for the seat bit but not the framework - mine's a scatter back so has a lot of cushions!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

24-05-2016, 07:02 PM

Ooh ooh!
I've just remembered another one
Have you got a Homesense near you?
They've got goooorgeous cushions there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top