Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:54 AM

Its a privilege to have children not a right

When will people learn that its not alright to have umpteen children in this day and age.
Its a privilege to have children not necessarily a right .
Why do people who have children they cant support think everyone should feel sorry for them ?
If you have brought children into a life of poverty ITS YOUR FAULT .
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:57 AM

Re: Its a privilege to have children not a right

I knew a girl who has 3 children to different fathers, she said she didn't have to work as she could live on the benefits she was getting. And most young people of today do the same for that reason.. Easy Peasy!!

I must add i wasn't happy
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 08:31 AM

Catholics believe it is a duty to produce offspring in order to provide continuance of the faith.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Catholics believe it is a duty to produce offspring in order to provide continuance of the faith.
And that is where the problem started..... Religions encouraging people to reproduce, just to boost their numbers. I question the mentality of anybody who thinks it is alright to have babies without having the decency to make sure they can provide for them. I watch the birds and animals on my land and see how hard they work to provide for their young, what a shame that many humans don't do the same when we have contraceptives to make sure that we don't have more than we can provide for.
Yet another reason why allowing immigrants into our country, who are persuaded to have too many children for religious reasons, will reduce the living standards of this country!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
And that is where the problem started..... Religions encouraging people to reproduce, just to boost their numbers. I question the mentality of anybody who thinks it is alright to have babies without having the decency to make sure they can provide for them. I watch the birds and animals on my land and see how hard they work to provide for their young, what a shame that many humans don't do the same when we have contraceptives to make sure that we don't have more than we can provide for.
Yet another reason why allowing immigrants into our country, who are persuaded to have too many children for religious reasons, will reduce the living standards of this country!
Couldn't agree more !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:25 AM

Having children is not just about knowing you can actually deliver sperm.
Shame my father missed that little point.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Having children is not just about knowing you can actually deliver sperm.
Shame my father missed that little point.
I am sorry to hear that but I do think that a father must provide food and shelter for his children... a good father also gives his time to them, but quite a lot don't achieve that
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:59 AM

I personally think that stricter controls on the population growth of the entire developed world should be considered as human beings are taking over more and more land for habitation and production of food or money-generating "crops" at the expense of not only all other species but also the environmental balance of this planet.

If it came down to having to get permission / clearance before even considering bringing another life into this world I think it should happen.

We should not be ignoring those harrowing scenes of starving children shown on TV every time yet another country has a crop failure or drought or a war that displaces it's population and places them either.

I knew about the Catholic stance but we also have to remember that Islam also imposes a duty on all Muslims to spread the faith, one of them being by increasing the Muslim population of the world.

I do not have any religious beliefs but I am staggered that no debate regarding the over-burdening population of many Catholic countries by the Roman Catholic Church has ever been mentioned to date to my knowledge.

We are in the 21st Century and I really fail to understand why the Roman Catholic Church hierarchy adhere to dogma when the evidence that over-population is causing a crisis is obvious!

There are moderates in Islam too who understand that perhaps things should change but the hierarchy is strictly traditionalist which I think damages perception of Muslims and therefore Islam but no doubt I'd get many outraged views on both of those points.

My belief is that if others wish to believe in something and it helps them to live their lives then I respect that.

When it impinges on others that do not have those beliefs and affects their lives in negative ways I regard that as unacceptable. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 10:00 AM

I don't disagree but there is an enormous emotional drive to have kids, it's not that easy if you get that broody feeling to ignore it. When we couldn't have kids we pointed that drive at children who needed a home and dogs. I feel very sorry for anyone not able to parent in some way if they want to.

Watching the world it seems that drive happens to newish couples hence many people now having numerous families.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 10:11 AM

I think there should be a tighter control on how many children are born, maybe not forever but for a good number of years. I too agree we are always seeing on tv the number of children who die each day because the crops in their country have been destroyed because of rain/drought/ etc. and asking for money to help.

You cannot get away from having to see these sights when the adverts are shown on tv.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top